By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guitar Hero: World Tour interview

http://wii.ign.com/articles/883/883120p1.html

Looks awesome, can't wait :D

So yeah, online, DLC, everything PS360 has.

This just proves for good, that Rock band Wii is a lazy port.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Around the Network

Sounds sweet!!!

Holy god I am excited for this game. w00t for Activision.
Also, the new guitar looks so pretty... I might have to mod me GH3 one at some point to look all pretty-like.

I know there has been detractors who say the Wii can't do DLC for various technical reasons – and they are dead wrong

I could have done without this line; seems like too much of a passive-aggressive stab at EA/Harmonix, but seeing as they are competitors, I suppose I can overlook it.
Believe it or not, the number of active online GHIII Wii players is almost equal to Xbox 360. So, there's a really active Wii online community.

Veeeeery interesting, to me at least. Perhaps, outside of shooters (which we don't really have any Wii evidence on), the Wii userbase is more similar to the 360's than we all assume? I mean, I know the attach ratio is only slightly under 360's, but since we don't really have that much usage statistics, I've always assumed that 360 owners definitely play more than wii owners. Maybe that assumption was wrong when it comes to 'known' games, and so any discrepancy seen so far can be blamed on the games the Wii has been given.
We'd need more info to say anything for sure though; I am not willing to make any certain claims on the statements of one company.
we're doing some Wii exclusive stuff we can't talk about just yet.
IGN: Have you thought about licensing Nintendo music for Guitar Hero: World Tour? Imagine rock-style remixes of classic Mario tunes.
Karthik: This is another great idea we have discussed already, but right now there's nothing we can announce for Guitar Hero World Tour.

Now that's exciting. I'm not expecting too much; probably just Mii integration for crowds or something(how effing sweet would that be) or Nintendo songs as DLC. I'm not expecting anything too huge though.
We're a bunch of Nintendo fanboys who want to push what can be done on the Wii and debunk some of the myths about what the system can and can't do. It's been a real tough project so far because we're taking the hard road…so hopefully in the end folks will really enjoy what we've done.

It seems like every non-Ubisoft developer under the sun has started coming out with lines like this recently... I sure hope it's a sign of things to come.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

I would get this once it releases.

That looks really f'n sweet man

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Oh gosh, I'm not psychic or anything but I know all to well where this is going to lead.

On D day people will be going nutz about how the 360 version outsold the Wii version, only see the Wii version have stronger legs than the 360 version, it's going to be a hell of a day on that day. 0.0 oh snap! *spoilerz*

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Well yeah, avoid the internet that day.
I'm just happy to have all the features, and I have a GH3 Wii guitar, so I get the full band.
And I have 3 Wiimotes, which the set needs 3, so I'm pumped :D

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Yeah, after reading this interview, and the article and advice in the previous thread:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=30282

I'm 80% sure that I'm going to buy the Wii version of GH4...

I just wants some GH4 Wii Screenshots already, dammit! that would put me at the 90% mark...

Mint said:
Well yeah, avoid the internet that day.
I'm just happy to have all the features, and I have a GH3 Wii guitar, so I get the full band.
And I have 3 Wiimotes, which the set needs 3, so I'm pumped :D

Wait, for 4 instruments don't you need 4 controllers? The mic needs a standard Wiimote to navagete menus.

Ah, didn't see this before posting in other thread.

Interesting that they are doing DLC before Nintendo does. I do wonder how much space the songs will take up because I have 2 gigs of Rock Band installed.

I'd also have to buy more Wiimotes just to play with an already expensive set...I hate how Rock Band and GH aren't fully compatible and keep adding stuff to the Guitars and/or not making them backwards compatible.