By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii alows playing directly from SD cards unitentionaly confirmed ?

Here is the article in question about the new guitar hero from joystiq.

Guitar Hero World Tour can save DLC to an SD card

Vicarious Visions' Karthik Bala has once again confirmed paid downloadable content in the Wii version of Guitar Hero World Tour, though current Wii guitar games have left us doubtful of any feature. Furthermore, you'll be able to save your songs to a "Rock Archive" on an SD card, and even play songs from the card without copying them over first. But ... but isn't that completely impossible?

Bala also confirmed that despite the new guitar's wacky gimmickry, your old Guitar Hero III (or Guitar Hero: Aerosmith) guitar will work just fine, and that "any USB microphone should work." With all these features, Vicarious Visions is going to have to be really creative if they want to disappoint.
I hope this is true for thos avid VC and Wiiware downloaders. Also this game seems be shaping up pretty good.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network

SSBB already does this... This doesn't confirm anything.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Well this shows there is a solution for DLC.

"Like you know"

DarkNight_DS said:
SSBB already does this... This doesn't confirm anything.

SSBB has to copy to the wii first temporarily which means is not directly playing from the Sd card.

Wow..... I don't know that I can play music from SD card while playing Excite Truck & Endless Ocean either....

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network
macross said:
Wow..... I don't know that I can play music from SD card while playing Excite Truck & Endless Ocean either....

I say this again those game do not allow direct playing from the SD it copys on to the wii  temporarily and then plays the music which game if you read the article does not. Think about if you were already to play form sd cards directly people would not complaining about transfering games back amf forth.

They allow playing data directly off the SD card not games. This is nothing new and just like excite truck. This does not confirm playing a game from SD, only some game content which has already been allowed such as excite truck. You will still need the game dvd for the main game.

This confirms nothing new for SD support. The transfer rate of an SD card is fast enough for songs and has always been. That doesn't make it fast enough to play programs from that do not fit entirely into memory. You are confusing data files with program files. At least some VC games should be small enough to fit entirely into memory, but obviously it's the larger ones that will be an issue.

edit**

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Exblackman said:
macross said:

I say this again those game do not allow direct playing from the SD it copys on to the wii  temporarily and then plays the music which game if you read the article does not. Think about if you were already to play form sd cards directly people would not complaining about transfering games back amf forth.

Did you just pull that out of nowhere? What proof do you have of Excite Truck and Endless Ocean not allowing direct play from an SD card? Source?

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

I thought the Wii already did this with some games.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089