By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did MGS4 kill my 60gb or can it be saved?

When my friends 60gb broke, he took it back to the store and they worked with Sony to give back someone elses repaired 60gb. Though this was 6 months ago, who knows how scarse they are now.

Around the Network

think they got 60gb stockpiled they are forced to have those becauste thats your product.

I really don't want a 40gb! I'd probably be happy with an 80gb but they haven't released it here and I can't plug in a 4th console because both my HDMI ports and all of my component are taken up already. So until I can get backwards compatibility im down to Wii60+Ps2 (Which I use quite a lot)

The worst part is just when MGS4 hooked me into the story, I was thinking WOW, what an amazing game... the damn thing broke. Now I understand what it feels like to have RROD when people wanted to play GTA or Halo etc.

Sony hates me I think... they really must do.

Tease.

I have two friends whos 60gb ps3's have failed. one was within warranty so he had a replacement with a couple weeks. the other one's ps3 was out of warranty and I convinced him to pay the $200 something to get a replacement, this took a little longer though (he was planning on pay $550 for a new one). they both got 60gb units as replacements (they both had launch units to begin with).

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:

I have two friends whos 60gb ps3's have failed. one was within warranty so he had a replacement with a couple weeks. the other one's ps3 was out of warranty and I convinced him to pay the $200 something to get a replacement, this took a little longer though (he was planning on pay $550 for a new one). they both got 60gb units as replacements.

Just how high is the failure rate on the PS3's?

The real failure rate, not the .5-2% bandied about.

Tease.

Around the Network

It takes a couple of months to get a replacement 60gb, apparantly.

Thanks, I hope I can get one... but damn two months! Couldn't it have waited until after MGS4 to die??!?!!?!?!?!

I guess I'll have to rent one after all.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
ameratsu said:

I have two friends whos 60gb ps3's have failed. one was within warranty so he had a replacement with a couple weeks. the other one's ps3 was out of warranty and I convinced him to pay the $200 something to get a replacement, this took a little longer though (he was planning on pay $550 for a new one). they both got 60gb units as replacements.

Just how high is the failure rate on the PS3's?

The real failure rate, not the .5-2% bandied about.

As far as I know that is the REAL failure rate; PS3's are very reliable it would seem on the whole, I don't know anyone who has had theirs break. Obviously I could just have a very lucky group of friends, but from reports the PS3 and the Wii are apparantly very similar in terms of reliability.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Apparently, Emma Emmerich uploaded the worm that would take down GW. Sorry, Squilliam. Apparently, your PS3 was working...............for the PATRIOTS!! Hopefully, the warranty covers that. (don't worry, guys. it's an mgs2 spoiler ;)

This is really weird as I have heard of multiple people having MGS4 kill their PS3s. It has played without flaw on both mine so far.