By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - french youth - any excuse at all

Student celebrations in Paris turn violent

PARIS (AFP) - High school students celebrating the end of their final exams went on the rampage near the Eiffel Tower in Paris early Saturday, resulting in 15 arrests and two policemen injured, one seriously.

Thousands of young people gathered in the Champ de Mars, a grassy area next to the tower, but as their celebrations became boisterous police used teargas to disperse them and they moved to a nearby shopping district looting one shop and breaking windows in others.

Police said a few "trouble makers" among the 5,000 young people celebrating the end of their baccalaureat exams threw bottles and 15 were arrested. Police charged, throwing tear gas grenades, as fleeing youths set fire to trash cans.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Yet another police instigated riot, not even France can escape the New World Order police state.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

I think your thread title is a bit inflammatory, don't ya think?

The old always feel threatened by youth whenever there is a group of them.

"Like you know"

super_etecoon said:

obviously i dont, or i wouldnt have used it.

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

Almost all of his titles are.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

A little slow on the news front, eh?

Riots are common in Europe....

Its close to the 40th anniversary of 1968

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

MrBubbles said:
super_etecoon said:

obviously i dont, or i wouldnt have used it.

Yeah...welll I hardly think you're a good judge.

super_etecoon said: 

Yeah...welll I hardly think you're a good judge.

if you thought that, why even ask me?