By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS; New series or a Continuation?

cwbys21 said:
Start new, new characters, new time frame. And don't give us a sissy character like Raiden in MGS2.

Thank you.I absolutely agree.

Around the Network
sieanr said:
Riachu said:
sieanr said:
I know I'm going to get tons of flak for saying this, but if MGS returns it needs to be a reinvention of the series. And I'm not just talking about ditching the archaic form of storytelling, but also revamping the gameplay. Otherwise the game will be too dated.

Cutscenes are not considered arcahaic. You should be glad that MGS has gameplay at all. The gameplay in MGS4 doesn't need to change much. MGS stories would be too complex to be told in any form other than cutscenes. This series isn't suppose to be appealing to every gamer.

You best be trolling.

Making a point is not trolling.  Trolling is when someone posts absolute nonsense which is not what I am doing.

being that Raiden is a machine, he could live for a thousand years. I think it would be cool to have him as the next main char, yet far after all characters from MGS have died.

He could have flash backs, or something that would loosely tie them together.

TheRealMafoo said:
being that Raiden is a machine, he could live for a thousand years. I think it would be cool to have him as the next main char, yet far after all characters from MGS have died.

He could have flash backs, or something that would loosely tie them together.

hum...spoilers...and nice job sieanr at saying spoiler after you said a spoiler...

anyway, I thought Raiden was more of a cyborg than a pure machine, since he still has his "heart" as someone in the game said...or mind, or soul.  I don't know what effect that has on his life expectancy, but that's just what I thought.  Perhaps I should check the MGS databse...

I like Raiden as a star character.  I was one of the few that was ok with him in MGS2, and he was pretty awesome in MGS4.  I could also settle for Big Boss in another game, or even The Boss.  Solid Snake could make an appearance should Raiden be the star, but I definitely think MGS4 should be the end of him as a main fighter.

There is no confirmation that Snake is dead yet, So he could become the big boss. I have a feeling that Raiden son could be - maybe Sunny will be someone or even Jonny (akibah). 

I think someone who is already in the background of the series.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network

I hear some people talking about a game where you play as the boss....this sounds like a good idea to me.

But honestly i want to play a game (not portable ops....as fun as it was) where you play as big boss and see how he came to creating Outer Heaven. Show his rise in it and you know he somehow got the philosopher legacy to amass all of that metal gear equipment.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

soulsamurai said:
I hear some people talking about a game where you play as the boss....this sounds like a good idea to me.

But honestly i want to play a game (not portable ops....as fun as it was) where you play as big boss and see how he came to creating Outer Heaven. Show his rise in it and you know he somehow got the philosopher legacy to amass all of that metal gear equipment.

I believe all of that is explained in MGS3 and MGS4...and MGS:PO since the end of that explains more with Ocelot.

A new start! So he won't use that "intelectuel" stuff about genes, the future, etc... but let him make a new Snatcher first!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Soriku said:
Metal Gear Raiden.

Make it happen.

Metal Gear Solid really means Metal Gear 3D (werid translation from japanese)

MGS 5 will most likely be raiden though.

Riachu said:
sieanr said:
I know I'm going to get tons of flak for saying this, but if MGS returns it needs to be a reinvention of the series. And I'm not just talking about ditching the archaic form of storytelling, but also revamping the gameplay. Otherwise the game will be too dated.

Cutscenes are not considered arcahaic.  You should be glad that MGS has gameplay at all.  The gameplay in MGS4 doesn't need to change much.  MGS stories would be too complex to be told in any form other than cutscenes.  This series isn't suppose to be appealing to every gamer.

I serously hope you're joking. MGS stories are more convoluted than complex, and there are far deeper and more complex videogame stories than MGS around that do NOT use cutscenes (Deus Ex, Planescape: Torment)

Heavy use of cutscenes to tell the whole story is archaic.