By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game series you used to enjoy, until their was a bad sequel

Megaman
Tekken
Crash Bandicoot
And the one I'm most ashamed to admit... Mario. Currently playing Galaxy and am enjoying it but I just don't get the 'can't put it down' feeling from it like I did pre-Sunshine.

Oh, and DMC.

Around the Network

secret of mana
tomb raider

Brainslug said:
Kasz216 said:
Brainslug said:
sc94597 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Brainslug said:
I lost a fuck-ton of faith in the final fantasy series with Final Fantasy XII

FF XII is one of the best FF games. Reviews of FF XII were impressive = AAA game.

Did you even play the game? It was mostly hated by Final Fantasy fans, everybody else liked it. I hated it though, becuse I thought the final fantasy series was fine turn based, and shouldn't have went real time.

Yeah, no kidding - Nothing against the game itself, it was gorgeous and I'm sure fans of multiplayer online games probably loved it.

But it was NO headlining Final Fantasy - it should have been given a "Final Fantasy Tactics Spinoff" type of title. Square probably just felt that it would sell more if they called it "Final Fantasy XII", Even though it didn't deserve the title.

Yeah... i can agree with that. I mean when you so rapidly change the gameplay... and it's set in a different world from all the other final Fantasy games... what even makes it a Final Fantasy game anymore?

Moogles?

Exactly, Final Fantasy XI wasn't a Final Fantasy either. I wonder what would have been so wrong with just calling it "Final Fantasy Online" ?

FFXI is well deserved for the title. It is an amazing game. I;m glad they used a similar battle system as FFXI in FFXII and soon in FFXIII.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Sonic

;_;

Sicilian. said:
Shining force

Which one?

I played 1 and 2 back in the Genesis days and they were brilliant

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Around the Network

Mario Kart.

The original on the Snes was absolutely awesome and is still one of my favourite games, after that it just got worse and worse. Well, it's been almost ok on the handhelds, but on console it is still crap, I feel sick and sad every time i play it. Double Dash was the worst so far.

Starfox,

it started off with a game that was OKish but dated very badly, then lylat wars/starfox64 which was good. The next 10 years after that saw something promising just go to waste as each game gets worse.

Kasz216 said:
Aiemond said:
selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
FF7 faces the typical "we wanna be different n we hate the leading one" disease from people.

I mean imo it wasn't the best one but I never bash it as it WAS a spectacle in that day.

)________________________

For me its SONIC & NEED FOR SPEED
Agree 100%. FF7 was an amzing game. Only 360 fanboys would bash this game. Name another JRPG around it's time that was as good. Dont let fanboyism get in the way.

Suikoden 1 and 2. Suikoden 2.

I'd agree on those... Also Persona.  Persona 2.

Final Fantasy 7 was like one of the first RPGs on PS1. If outside of "around that time" and include games on other systems before and i could be here all day naming JRPGs i thought was better.

I could name a number of PS1 RPGs I thought were better too though i believe most of them came out later in the systems life.

If we count SRPGs.... yeesh.

Seriously. It's a sub par JRPG that got a lot of sweet marketing hype.

I love Suikoden 1 and 2, but they are no FF7. There's a reason it's so popular, and it's not just the awesome commercials and graphics...although those help (look at Gears of War).

nba live

FFXII have been my biggest dissapointment so far... I almost couldn't finish it at all.

can only hope FFXIII will restore my faith.

FF= turnbased

those who dont like turnbased can go to some other series and destroy that one instead, leave FF alone damn it.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints