By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadness still in development and Nibris site to open nect week

The Wiicast was able to secure an exclusive interview with Fog Studio’s Adam Spencer. Fog studios is the business development partner for the Nibris game “Sadness”.

Before I start typing out this interview I’d like to say that there probably isn’t a person on the Internet that was more critical about Sadness than I was. I’m surprised and actually really happy to see that the project is actually real and on track.

Will: Adam, Thanks for being able to talk to me about Sadness. I think the biggest question my readers have for you is ‘Is Sadness real? and if so have you seen any progress made on the game?”

Adam: Sure, Will. Obviously there’s only so much I can say. I can tell you for sure that the project is real, they’re actively developing it. There’s no publisher for the game yet and as such it’s impossible for us to say when the game is going to be released. Basically, that’s the official statement. Nibris is doing an overhaul to their official site now. Next week they’re supposed to launch it and there will be some added information and a couple screenshots.

Will: Are you guys in constant contact with Nibris or do you feel you get long periods of silence like the public does?

Adam: Oh, Yeah. We communicate with them just about every day. We’re their development end. We basically manage all of their business development.

Will: Do they send you assets to look at? Have you seen a steady stream of screenshots and video?

Adam: Yeah I see everything that the public sees and we see a few other things as well. Obviously, I can’t disclose any added information beyond the fact that the game does exist and it is being shopped to publishers but there hasn’t been a fit just yet.

Will: Okay, Without giving away any details or anything, can you tell me if you have actually seen the game running?

Adam: Yeah, I have.

Will: Obviously, this is a pretty anticipated product even with the small amount of assets shown. Are you guys excited about Nibris finding a publisher for it and see what the gaming community’s reaction to the game will be?

Adam: Yeah, of course! We were attracted to Nibris because the game looked really cool and, you know, I’m a fan of it myself. We all want to see it released. We’re big gamers here.

Will: Thank you so much Adam. You pretty much answered all my major questions. I think the biggest thing was to know that the project is actually coming along. It’s interesting to know that there still isn’t a publisher attached to it but obviously you guys have high hopes that a publisher is going to come along fairly soon or within the next year or so?

Adam: Yeah. Well, I would hope so. I can’t make any promises whatsoever. I don’t know what the publishers are going to do or dictate what they do. I wish I could, but I can’t. I want to see it released just like everybody else.

Will: Thank you so much Adam.

Adam: No problem.

The Wiicast would like to extend it’s thanks to Fog studios and Adam Spencer for providing this interview.

http://thewiicast.com/?p=640

---------------------

so what do you think?

will the site really open next week?

Around the Network

I think it would open this week, hopefully.
and I Can't wait when this game comes out... eventually....

^same here, i think the site will open next week

they better show some in-game trailer or they will still be a joke in the gaming community.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

i know they better have a trailer, i dont care if its 15 seconds long lol
just show us some footage of the game

Around the Network

i am all a over that site as soon as i can

Uh-huh.

Maybe Sega will showcase Sonic Xtreme too.

well it looks like the fixed the misspelling in their site.
remember they spelled nintendo wrong and had it as nintento

lol, only 2 screens and they make a slideshow on youtube

nibris has a youtube channel!

11ht11 said:

lol, only 2 screens and they make a slideshow on youtube

nibris has a youtube channel!

That's depressing...

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks