By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Early Alone in the Dark reviews threated legal action

SaviorX said:
Geez. It seems bad reviews can't come out without having some kind of legal backlash. The game is bad, period. Don't run around canceling reviews and tricking the public into not thinking it suxxors.

and there's the opinion I agree with - never heard of a bad copy that makes it hard  to pick up objects lying by your feet and ruins driving sections. 

They spent 9 months advertising and pushing this game and apparantly the one section thats unfinished is the controls!  sorry but shouldn't that be one of the first areas to perfect? 

Then they attempt to sue the messenger! 

Around the Network

All that those reviewers need is a receipt and they can counter sue Atari.

Saying that pirated copies are missing part of the code is bullshit. That would only be possible for a hacked version or a demo.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

If you feel the need to sue reviewers, it's a good sign that your game sucks...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

What's that smell?

Oh, desperation. So long Atari...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Thing is at Metacritics and gamerankings still have no non user reviews submitted yet so even though it's been relesed in europe today it looks like the embargo is until it gets released in US on 24th.

How do they possibly expect to convince people that they have confidence in their game with all of this going on?

Around the Network

This actually speaks even louder than some bad reviews.

Well, it's common practise to not preview a movie if it sucks to avoid bad reviews. I guess the game reviewers were reviewing based on the last demo copies if 'official review copies' are only dropping the day prior.

But handing out review copies that late is akin to not doing movie previews.

Clearly this game is an unpolished, unfinished disappointment.

The wii version got a 3/10 or was that the 360 version.Either way-Alone in the Dark will have to stay ''Alone in the Dark"....without my money.=)

if they would of sent out a reviewer's guide none of this would of happened.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

NJ5 said:
If you feel the need to sue reviewers, it's a good sign that your game sucks...

QTF.