By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm Getting a PS3... Name 5 Must Have Games

I think there's a million of these topics :P But I'll shoot 5 across the eyes for ya ^^

1.) Ratchet and Clank Futures. Technical masterpiece :) Fantastic on the eyes and quite humorous ^_^

2.) Uncharted. Romance at it's damn near finest in video games, the game just has this atmosphere to it which is absolutely charming. And it's got fantastic graphics :D

3.) For the online multi-player, GET WARHAWK!!!! It is by far one of the greatest multi-player games I've ever played on a console. So worth the purchase :)

4.) Motorstorm, I was trying to think of an awesome exclusive racing game that's totally worth the money and just a damn good time, and this one fits the bill pretty well :P

5.) Super Stardust HD, it's a downloadable PSN game, but man it's insane! It's the screaming definition of insanely amazing downloadable quality. And it's only $12? A deal x4 my friend.

(I'd recommend MGS4, but if you've never played any of the previous ones you wont get it XD )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Exclusives:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Warhawk

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Exclusives:

MGS4
Uncharted
Resistance
Everyday shooter
Ratchet & Clank

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Uncharted,
GTA4,
Call of Duty4,
Assassin's Creed,
Ratchet,

ChronotriggerJM said:
(I'd recommend MGS4, but if you've never played any of the previous ones you wont get it XD )

with the MGS database, that is not as true. I have never played one, so I did do some research (thanks to a handy feature in a mag) so it is not too confusing for a new time player, but it is still an awesome game

Around the Network

A nice mix of exclusives would be:

Uncharted
Ratchet & Clank
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo Prologue or Motorstorm
Resistance Fall of Man

The must have multi-platforms are (I think):

COD4
GTA IV

From PSN I'd look at:

HD Super Stardust
Pixel Juice Monsters
Everyday Shooter
Flow

I'd also look at the following depending upon what genres you like:

Oblivion GOTY edition

Heavenly Sword

Devil May Cry 4

Assassin's Creed - oddly engaging even if I was ultimately rather disappointed with it - and it sold bucket loads so an improved sequel is pretty much a certainty

I'd also get online and download lot's of demos - there's plenty on PSN now you can grab for free and see what you prefer.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I just got the MGS4 PS3 bundle and after playing some MGS4 I've got the sneaking (heh) suspicion the Assassin's Creed is going to feel a lot like MGS...

any comments?

I'm now looking towards COD4 and Uncharted as my first two purchases.

LG[Infinite] said:
So, I'm getting a PS3. What are the 5 games that I must have

Depends on what game types you like, but if you're quite broad minded, then you select 5 of the following list?

• Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
  • Resistance: Fall of Man
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
  • Assassins Creed
  • Grand Theft Auto IV

But if you want 5 PS3 exclusive must haves then it has to be:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  3. Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
  4. Resistance: Fall of Man
  5. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

My pick for 5 games would have to be:

MGS4
GTA IV
Uncharted
CoD4
Folklore

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860

Actually no,  Assassin's Creed is very much different from MGS4. 

Call of Duty 4 is the best FPS on the PS3 right now, that may change with Resistance 2, even still, COD4 is definately worth the purchase.  

Uncharted I can't quite comment on the game specificaly, but, it was developed by Naughty Dog, which is a great pedigree.

Ratchet and Clank Future: TOD features the best story in the series and is a lot of fun. A good buy for fledging new PS3 owners.

GTA IV is a good buy as well.  For any more comments, just be more specific with the type of game that you want( like a shooter or if you want a multiplayer componet) and I'll be happy to recommend some titles.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube.