By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Signs of Concern?- The Use of Bundles and New Sku's PS3 Worry

psrock said:
Trust me the Playstation Brand is still strong because, this is as real i can be, last year the xbox 360 was a much better product to get, they were cheaper, better games, xbox live, and yet it barely outsold the ps3.
I was surprised one person bought the ps3 when it was $600 dollars, imagine 7 millions.
Buying the ps3 these days with a couple games is like using my rent money.

Hell someone has to get products moving and be the early adopter, might as well be me. Plus I have enjoyed almost 2 years of HD movies, and some great games as well. I may have paid more than you, but I have enjoyed my console much longer!

In regards to bundles, changing it up every once in awhile, and for big releases is a great idea. I mean to buy a console that comes with the one game you really want is much better than buying a console and the game you want.

Now with the MGS4 bundle, they went a little extreme with making a special edition, but I have no doubt that it would have moved just as much hardware without the special edition and just a normal PS3 bundle that came with the game.

Around the Network

I don't agree because there have been large boosts without bundles. Anyway, the bundles are not widespread apart from the MGS bundle in America. The sales would have increased without MGS because of the re-introduction of the 80GB. In Europe, there was a sales boost without widespread bundling, the same thing happened after prologue

Zucas said:
Hawkeye said:
Bundles sell. Why do you think that there are 4 different PSPs on the market, with a 5th coming soon?

Yes that's my point.  But like most advertising techniques you can only use them so much before they saturate or don't have a noticeable affect.

Man, I wished that worked for anti-Sony campaigning which has picked up again recently....

If only you didn't boldly show your alliances in your signature when posting such trash.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php