By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix: Versus XIII is not on hold, poor translation

Did not see this on the forums, so here it goes.

“Reports that development for Final Fantasy Versus XIII is on hold are false,” the note reads.

“The truth of the situation is that when free, some staff from the Versus team have been helping with the XIII team on development of Final Fantasy XIII. Development for both titles is continuing as originally scheduled.”

Source :

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/06/19/square-ff-versus-xiii-full-steam-ahead-hold-story-from-poor-translation/

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

OMFG.....LOL

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sorry I posted this late, I knew this since last night.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Soriku said:
Lmao.

@darth

Haha! Versus > XIII now!

But good news. KH3 announced faster! : 

uhhhh...what??

How does that mean VErsus> XIII?

Motorbike Hindu Deity's FTW!!!

That's a relief, Versus looks more interesting than XIII anyways.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Around the Network

That's good news, I was looking forward to this game.

Japanese suddenly became harder to translate it seems. ;)

Currently playing:

"When free"? If they're working on Versus, they wouldn't be free until the game is complete, right?

@makingmusic

cofee breaks....n stuff like that, they probably just pop-in do some work n stuff like that

makingmusic476 said:
"When free"? If they're working on Versus, they wouldn't be free until the game is complete, right?

Even though I'm not a game developer, logic says that they aren't doing the game in one big block.  It is broken down into little bits.  This person works on this, this person works on that etc.  So if someone finishes their assignment early, instead of going to find the next assignment for ffv13, they pop over to the ff13 team and see what they can do there to help out.