By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BD reader problems / corrupted system file

Dogs Rule said:
Chrizum said:
I had the exact same problem. It's a memory corruption and sadly, can't be fixed by replacing your hard disk. You need to call Sony to get it replaced. (After 6 weeks, I'm still waiting )

Really? Because when MTC services of Canada fixed mine, it took 6 days for me to get it back.

When my PS3 had something wrong with it i phoned Sony and got the coffin and had a friend bring it to the place in Whitby and within 5mins i had another PS3.

I have had the problem you are talking about Fel-BR, GTA4 did what you said and i had the restore HDD screen come up.  But after that my system has always worked.  Mine is a 60gb model, and i will never go online with GTA4 because i don't have $150 to replace my PS3 if GTA fucks it up.

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
Where are you going in Canada?
If you are near Whitby Ontario, or Coquitlam British Columbia, then you can have it serviced by bringing it directly to an MTC service center. They are SONY's official repair centers and will fix any PS3 for 150$. When in Canada call SONY to see if they will fix it for you. Mention that it was GTA related.

Where did you buy your system? Do you have a receipt?

Their site is mtcservice.com

Montreal, But can I send the Ps3 to them by mail?

I bought It at Best Buy Miami, and I told my father to look for the receipt, hopefuly I Do.

I think I'll do this

First I'll Look for some place here In brazil to fix it for a reasonable price, I thing I won't succeed.

I have a 6 hour connection in Miami in my flight to Montreal, So I Think I'll phone my friend and meet him at the airport. he takes it to sony and they fix it :D

Or I'll mail it to mtcservice

Thanks for the support people

akuma587 said:
You could try formatting the HDD on a computer if you can't format it through the PS3. That might be more trouble than its worth though...might want to try shipping it in Canada if you will be there for awhile. My friend shipped his off in the U.S. and got it back in less than two weeks. Took him a couple days to get the box.

I will be in canada for 4 weeks, I'm only afraid of it taking more than it to fix it, and my ps staying in Canada =S

Sony seems to make good hardware this generation, but DAMN do they have some software problems.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Sony seems to make good hardware this generation, but DAMN do they have some software problems.

Trolling?

OT:  Sad to see that your PS3 is having problems.  Try buying a 2.5" SATA HDD from a store that allows returns to see if that'll fix it.  If it doesn't, then you can just return the HDD and go to Sony to fix it.  If it does work, then you've just fixed your PS3.

Around the Network
bobobologna said:
starcraft said:

Trolling?

OT: Sad to see that your PS3 is having problems. Try buying a 2.5" SATA HDD from a store that allows returns to see if that'll fix it. If it doesn't, then you can just return the HDD and go to Sony to fix it. If it does work, then you've just fixed your PS3.

I Will still have my BD problem, And do I void me warranty if I change the HD?

Read this post of mine:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=777658

As you can see from that post, they did the service out of warranty and therefore without even asking for a receipt because they were having a lot of problems with GTA on bringing out hardware failures. So maybe they will agree to repair it without your receipt.

Now, while in Montreal, where will you be staying? If it is a Hotel, I doubt you will be able to get Sony to ship you a service box to a hotel. If you are staying with friends, then no problem.

I was going to recommend one of Montreal's fine fine fine stripclubs, but then looked at your age. :)

EDIT: Chaging HDD does not void the warranty, just make sure you send back the original HDD with the PS3. But your problem is FAR worse then the HDD problem and you need servicing.

Dogs Rule said:

Read this post of mine:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=777658

As you can see from that post, they did the service out of warranty and therefore without even asking for a receipt because they were having a lot of problems with GTA on bringing out hardware failures. So maybe they will agree to repair it without your receipt.

Now, while in Montreal, where will you be staying? If it is a Hotel, I doubt you will be able to get Sony to ship you a service box to a hotel. If you are staying with friends, then no problem.

I was going to recommend one of Montreal's fine fine fine stripclubs, but then looked at your age. :)

EDIT: Chaging HDD does not void the warranty, just make sure you send back the original HDD with the PS3. But your problem is FAR worse then the HDD problem and you need servicing.

I'm staying at a family's house it's an exchange program, I'll call sony while in canada, lets see what they say :D, I'm feeling a bit better now

Yes, I realised that =/

Dammit, Gta was so much fun, I Had Played It for Like 40 Hours

and I bought a Home theater last sunday to Enjoy the sound effects =(((((