By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BD reader problems / corrupted system file

Yesterday I was playing GTA4 when the screen freezed, I was tired so I turned the system off.

Today I turned it on again and played GTA, after 5 minutos aprox.  one loading inside the game started to take more time than usual, after 2 minutes I decided to quit the game through the ps buttoun, it didn't work, so I turn the PS3 off. When I turned it on the console didn't recognize the game, I tried different games, but the situation was the same.

So, I tried the new system Update, I downloaded in my computer, transfered the file to my pen drive and run the Update in the Ps3, right after coping the content to the hard drive the screen went black, I waited for about 10 minutes, and the screen was still black, so I turn the power off, and then on, then a message saying "The Hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored", I clicked ok, and the Hd was restored, then the system was re-started, but the same screen appeard again and again.

Any Ideias on how to solve the problem? At least the second one? Since I believe he first One is A HW problem

Sad day for me =(

Just to make things worse, I live in Brazil, so calling sony isn't an option.

Around the Network

They dont provide support for brazil? Thats sucks.

A new hard drive would probably work

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Maybe a complete format of your hard disk would do something about the currupt file system. Under settings > System settings> format harddrive. (back up all important information)

About the BR reading, that is a case for calling SONY. Since you can't, try the PS3 forums at boardsus.playstation.com I'm sorry this happened to you.

MrBubbles said:
They dont provide support for brazil? Thats sucks.

A new hard drive would probably work

Not for PS3,

@ Dogs Rule

I can't access the ps3 XMB

I'm going to Canada next week, I'm thinking in taking it with me, DO you thnik sony canada would fix it?

I have some friends in USA, maybe I can send my Ps3 to them.
well  I don't know, I'm confused

You could try formatting the HDD on a computer if you can't format it through the PS3. That might be more trouble than its worth though...might want to try shipping it in Canada if you will be there for awhile. My friend shipped his off in the U.S. and got it back in less than two weeks. Took him a couple days to get the box.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I had the exact same problem. It's a memory corruption and sadly, can't be fixed by replacing your hard disk. You need to call Sony to get it replaced. (After 6 weeks, I'm still waiting )

Ouch :(

I feel for you...seriously!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Where are you going in Canada?
If you are near Whitby Ontario, or Coquitlam British Columbia, then you can have it serviced by bringing it directly to an MTC service center. They are SONY's official repair centers and will fix any PS3 for 150$. When in Canada call SONY to see if they will fix it for you. Mention that it was GTA related.

Where did you buy your system? Do you have a receipt?

Their site is mtcservice.com

I had the same problem (with harddisk) replacing it worked.

Chrizum said:
I had the exact same problem. It's a memory corruption and sadly, can't be fixed by replacing your hard disk. You need to call Sony to get it replaced. (After 6 weeks, I'm still waiting )

Really? Because when MTC services of Canada fixed mine, it took 6 days for me to get it back.