By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Etrian Odyssey 2 music composer inspired by...

Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
fkusumot said:
sc94597 said:
Anyway, I think the first one was boring, and I stopped playing after like 30 minutes. Maybe I will try it again, but I really don't think I will like it.

u r teh weke saws

Huh? Anyway this game got an 8.0 from Ign so I will try the first again. There must be something I'm missing that makes the game fun.

Etrian Odyssey is a love/hate game since its game mechanics are very old school and the game's difficulty is brutal from what I heard

Yups you are right and that is also why I like this game but also especially for the music.

Oh well cuz it looks like no one cares about it...When I heard the music of the vid I had to think about the early sonic games...

Around the Network

It sort of has a Megaman vibe in some of the music, but to be fair it could just be the ultra MIDI feel it has going on. I guess that would be what I guess, if I had to guess that is.

That said, why I am not in the car going out to buy this is beyond me. I should really get on that, post haste.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

well, don't bother picking it if you thought it was BORING. it is hard, but I like the "mechanics" of selling items and getting new weapons. from my experience down to the first floor of the second stratum, the difficulty is very high in the beginning, until you get some skills at decent levels. when you get the alchemist skills, the protector's defender and F/B guard and the medic's salve and cure, things won't get easy, but IMO the games is more enjoyable

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

How is the second game? Is it also difficult like the first one?

I wanted to pick it up but I found out it was not released yet over here.

They should pull a Trauma Center and create a Wii version.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
fkusumot said:
sc94597 said:
Anyway, I think the first one was boring, and I stopped playing after like 30 minutes. Maybe I will try it again, but I really don't think I will like it.

u r teh weke saws

Huh? Anyway this game got an 8.0 from Ign so I will try the first again. There must be something I'm missing that makes the game fun.

Etrian Odyssey is a love/hate game since its game mechanics are very old school and the game's difficulty is brutal from what I heard

Well I usually like old school games. I didn't like this because everything looked the same leaving out any motive to explore, and the random battles time horribly. Does it get better latter on in the game?

Never played Etrian Odyssey

Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
fkusumot said:
sc94597 said:

u r teh weke saws

Well I usually like old school games. I didn't like this because everything looked the same leaving out any motive to explore, and the random battles time horribly. Does it get better latter on in the game?

Never played Etrian Odyssey

Well the question was for anybody who could answer it.

sc94597 said:

Better? Yes and no.

If by better you mean you get to do more resource management and try to figure out what strategies work and which ones don't, then yes.

If by better you mean it gets easier, then no.

Each stratum (every five floors) has a different look. They do get better looking from beginning to end IMHO.

fkusumot said:
sc94597 said:

Better? Yes and no.

If by better you mean you get to do more resource management and try to figure out what strategies work and which ones don't, then yes.

If by better you mean it gets easier, then no.

Each stratum (every five floors) has a different look. They do get better looking from beginning to end IMHO.

No I wasn't complaing it was hard. I was complaing about the random battles, and everything looking the same. That is what I meant by better.