By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would it take for Nintendo to win E3?

I think Nintendo has the best shot at winning. Heres how:

Nintendo

1. Show a trailer for SMG2 with a bit of in game footage, and have the trailer say the game is coming fall 09

2. Show a trailer for Pikmin 3 with a bit of in game footage, and the the trailer say coming summer 09

3. Show a teaser trailer for Star Fox Wii, but don't specify a date. Demonstrate that motion controls are being used to fly the ship (but that classic and GCN controller can be used) and that it is a rail shooter similar to star fox 64.

4. Show a teaser trailer for a new Legend of Zelda for Wii, and have the trailer say the game is coming fall 2010.

5. Reveal that Kirby, Animal Crossing, Wario Land, Fatal Frame, Disaster, and Kid Icarus will all be coming out this fall.

6. Have a sign the says "Metroid Dread", nothing else.

7. Announce that Wii production is being upped another 20%.

-If Nintendo did this they would demolish E3 and be gaurenteed to win this year.

Nintendo could also announce new Wii colors, a $50 price cut for Wii, and a $30 price cut for DS, new DS colors/new DS model (like slim, not all new system)

I think the only aces up Microsft and Sony's sleeves would be $50-$100 price cuts, and slimline versions of their systems. If Nitendo doesn't pull the stops and Sony or Micrsoft put out big price cuts or unexpected new games or something they could still win, but Nintedo is the favorite this year.

What do you think will happen?

Around the Network

Shoe new things and don't demonstrate WiiFit

First of all, let's forget about Wii price cuts which won't happen ;)

SMG2 - I doubt it... If there's another Mario platformer this gen, it will be much later, and only because the Wii may turn out to have a long lifetime.

Numbers 2 to 7 are all possible and would indeed be extremely hard to beat by Sony or MS ;)

PS: Most of all, I'm curious to see what 3rd parties have for the Wii.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

If they show off any of their first party titles and show a storage solution, they've won.

NJ5 said:

SMG2 - I doubt it... If there's another Mario platformer this gen, it will be much later, and only because the Wii may turn out to have a long lifetime.

Numbers 2 to 7 are all possible and would indeed be extremely hard to beat by Sony or MS ;)

Oh so they annouce "Lugies Space Odysees" :P

Around the Network
tehsage said:
If they show off any of their first party titles and show a storage solution, they've won.

This, pretty much. I'm expecting Nintendo to clean up this year in terms of 3rd party exclusives, so they really don't need to do much.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I think that Kid Icarus needs to be announced, as well as Pikmin and StarFox.
External hard drive is a must also.
Another Zelda game does well to rock the house.
Geist 2 would be good too. Have Nintendo lead the way for Wii FPS games.

NJ5 said:

{slaps NJ5}....be positive....there WILL be another Mario platformer....there WILL be another Mario platformer ....there WILL be another Mario platformer ....there WILL be another Mario platformer

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

If they announced Luigi's Mansion 2, I'd go fucking insane.

Considering MS & Sony may be premiering one or two new games each whereas Nintendo will be unveiling their entire fall/winter lineup they already pretty much have it in the bag (unless their line-up sucks which is doubtful).

I expect some sort of storage solution to be announced.

And the next step in their blue ocean stategy now that WiiFit is out (of stock everywhere). This alone would likely win it.

MS & Sony will counter with their Mii-too approach to motion controls / avatars but that won't really be mainstream news as it's already been done two years ago by Wii and now leaked all over the internet to boot.