By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now That's a good demo.

Since I got my PS3 last week I've been DLing lots of demos, just to get a flavor of what games are out there. For the most part I've been very underwhelmed. Resistance, Heavenly sword, uncharted, haze, a bunch of others, and they have all failed to peak my interest. But I just got done with the Ratchet and Clank demo, and I am very impressed. That was fun. And above all else that's what I'm looking for from the demos I'm Dling, fun. I thought R&C might be the first PS3 game I buy, but that demo clenched it. If the rest of the game is that cool, then I'm looking forward to the ride.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Its definitely a great fun game, I love it.

mM

The demo is nothing compared to the full game. If you liked the demo, the full game should be a gem.

uncharted demo 6/10
uncharted full game 9.5/10

uncharted demo is really boring (it's the begining part where it teaches you the jump and simple shooting stuff)but the full game is one of the best stroy driven action adventure titles.

ratchet is very fun aswell,and it will be getting and additional content on top of the game(which is quite long )

I would rent uncharted, like you did MGS. Uncharted is a fantastic game, but nothing I went back to after I finished it. R&C, I still play from time to time. It's a great game.

Around the Network

i enjoyed ratchet. not great, but good. 8/10

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

The_vagabond7 said:

Since I got my PS3 last week I've been DLing lots of demos, just to get a flavor of what games are out there. For the most part I've been very underwhelmed. Resistance, Heavenly sword, uncharted, haze, a bunch of others, and they have all failed to peak my interest. But I just got done with the Ratchet and Clank demo, and I am very impressed. That was fun. And above all else that's what I'm looking for from the demos I'm Dling, fun. I thought R&C might be the first PS3 game I buy, but that demo clenched it. If the rest of the game is that cool, then I'm looking forward to the ride.

Uncharted is an amazing game, you really should get it, it has a great story, and great cutscenes as well as gameplay, a must have.

MrBubbles said:
i enjoyed ratchet. not great, but good. 8/10

That's the same score I give Marble Madness for XBLA, lol. That said, I played Rachet a bit around the time SMG came out, so I don't have an unbiased opinion.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I can't speak for FToD but the PS2 Ratchet games were a blast.

Uncharted is awesome, you should at the very least rent it. I didn't bother to download the Haze demo, you should try downloading Civilization Revolution demo. A little confusing at first, but great fun after you get the hang of it.

Ill add to the mob and say that uncharted is a must have/play. dont let the demo fool you its just to give you a feel of the game.

I would also recommend Heavanly sword for a rent as its short but oh so sweet.