By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sarcastic gamer's take on boom blox sales: Why gamers hate on the Wii

Chrizum said:
To all people who are doubting Boom Blox is worth $50: Yes, it really is worth your 50 bucks. I know it's hard to believe, but trust me, it is! It's probably the best third party game on the Wii, and matches Nintendo quality. Just buy it damnit!

No.  People said that about Zack and Wiki which was actually pretty crappy as far as puzzle games go especially with the "Oh now you die and have to do 90% of the puzzle over" moments.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Chrizum said:
To all people who are doubting Boom Blox is worth $50: Yes, it really is worth your 50 bucks. I know it's hard to believe, but trust me, it is! It's probably the best third party game on the Wii, and matches Nintendo quality. Just buy it damnit!

No.  People said that about Zack and Wiki which was actually pretty crappy as far as puzzle games go especially with the "Oh now you die and have to do 90% of the puzzle over" moments.

Boom Blox is a much, much better game than Zack and Wiki.

@tehsage:

I bought Boom Blox. It's one of the best games I've ever played. It is WELL WORTH the 50$ price tag. You won't ever regret spending fifty buck on that great game. Support it.

@ the thread poster:
Boom Blox numbers in April?? Boom Blox was released 6th MAY. So, for it to be in the top 10 a month prior to release is a very good achievement, dont you think?

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

Vladez said:
@tehsage:

I bought Boom Blox. It's one of the best games I've ever played. It is WELL WORTH the 50$ price tag. You won't ever regret spending fifty buck on that great game. Support it.

@ the thread poster:
Boom Blox numbers in April?? Boom Blox was released 6th MAY. So, for it to be in the top 10 a month prior to release is a very good achievement, dont you think?
Im not the one who created the article, I think the creator of the article just forgot or he had just a mistake on the Month but he knows what he is saying in the rest of the article. About Boom Blox, like I said these games arent frontloaded most Wii games arent right now, they gain more profit on these games than spent millions of dollars on advertisement and make it a million seller first week then no legs in the following week. 3rd parties already knows the strategy for Ninty's success...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Chrizum said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Chrizum said:

Boom Blox is a much, much better game than Zack and Wiki.

No... WoW basically just said "You can't trust everything someone else says..."

I also didn't enjoy Zack and Wiki very much...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

Will there be really Zack and Wiki 2? Will there be new audience on this game to warrant a sequel?

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Rumor has it that one of the two unannounced capcom titles is Z+W2. Can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but I believe it may have been IGN.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

So there'll be a new Megaman exclusive for the Wii then? since the 2 rumor games was 1 was a next gen favorite and another is a new game if thats Zack and Wiki 2 then theres no room for Megaman 9 unless its multi-platform...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

If they would of called it something like Mario Blocks or Nintendo Throw it would of been much better received.

Boom blox is seriously an awesome party game.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

exindguy said:
Boom Blox wouldn't have sold on 360 or PS3 at full price, so let's just not go here (you can't charge $50-60 for a puzzle game, no matter how good, period).

If 360 owners are so "sophisticated" why didn't WarTech sell? If they're so "sophisticated" why didn't Silpheed sell? The fact is, these are niche games just like Boom Blox (regardless of how good any of them happen to be--and they're all excellent games) and you can't sell a niche game at the standard price pointj and especially games as abstract as Boom Blox.

I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)

I have a new sig quote.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks