By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict LittleBigPlanet's launch week software sales and hardware boost.

HappySqurriel said:

Worldwide Software sales: 75,000 to 125,000
Hardware Boost: unnoticeable.

What? Sony are going to advertise this heavily. Going off previews it will also get great reviews. I am going to quote this when the game comes out.

Around the Network

WW software: 125-150K
HW: No boost at all, just normal weekly fluctuations.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

What I don't understand is that most predictions here (but not all) predict that
"US sales" > "Others sales"

I mean "Others" has a bigger PS3 user base than "Americas". Besides, "Others" usually prefer unorthodox games (at least compares to the US).

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

lbp is so different there is no way to guess, i think it will either flop or be a surprising success. All the journalist that have played it say is amazing, so i say is either no bust on hw and 100k na, 30k jp and 150k eu or 150 hw , 450k na, 300kjp and 550 eu

It won't boost hardware, and it won't have any long legs. Why the hell would this game have long legs? Because it looks ''kiddy'', Nintendo is ''kiddy'', and because Nintendo's games have long legs? That's just stupid.
BUT, the game will eventually reach at least 500k, maybe even the 1 million, if it turns out to be good enough, and if Sony markets it good enough.

Around the Network
mariozeldametroid said:
It won't boost hardware, and it won't have any long legs. Why the hell would this game have long legs? Because it looks ''kiddy'', Nintendo is ''kiddy'', and because Nintendo's games have long legs? That's just stupid.
BUT, the game will eventually reach at least 500k, maybe even the 1 million, if it turns out to be good enough, and if Sony markets it good enough.

So only "kiddy" games on the Nintendo sell?

This is a game that could very well fit on the wii and would probably do very well on the Wii, why wouldn't it do good on the PS3?

Comparing this to other "kiddy" games, it should have long legs.  The comparison works in the favour of this game, not against it.

leo-j said:
Jtyettis said:
Hardware boost for LBP. Uhh

Try close to neal. I have 2 PS3s and I can tell you right now there is not one exclusive must have for the rest of the year. Resistance is a maybe in 09 for cheap at this point for me.

Your opinion does not = Fact my friend

Oh the irony...

On topic, SW around 350-450k...

HW like 5-8% boost...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

It will very much depend on the marketing...

If MGS4 level marketing then WW~200k
If GT5p/GTA4 marketing then WW~350k

But it should have excellent legs mainly due to the fact that it will be one of the only games that will actually improve in quality over time.... (and for free)

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

I think this game will either be wildly successful or it will flop. Based on the fact that pretty much everyone who's ever played it LOVED it, I will say it will be successful. As to what it's sales will be, I have no idea. Call me in August about that one....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

I about agree with the OP, except I doubt the game will have many legs.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom