By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict LittleBigPlanet's launch week software sales and hardware boost.

WW SW =>50k
WW HW => 5k

Around the Network

Worldwide Software sales: 75,000 to 125,000
Hardware Boost: unnoticeable.

worldwide 225k..........the word of messageboard only goes so far + the game looks way to kiddy for most non internet nerds to give it a try.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

leo-j said:
Jtyettis said:
Hardware boost for LBP. Uhh

Try close to neal. I have 2 PS3s and I can tell you right now there is not one exclusive must have for the rest of the year. Resistance is a maybe in 09 for cheap at this point for me.

Your opinion does not = Fact my friend

Nor did I state it was fact. Let's get that straight first. I will however stick by my opinion, as a multi PS3 owner in that there is not one exclusive must have for myself for the rest of the year. I will not buy one other game for them for the rest of the year I can state that much as fact.

Agreed with Soriku and HappySquirrel: the game is not a mainstream seller.

I think it may have good legs, but nobody outside of the internet knows what this is.

If Sony really pushes it, it might have an effect, but I think this will be the Sony equivalent of Pikmin: great game, just good sales.

Around the Network

NA - 180K

EUROPE - 120K

JAPAN - 20K

TOTAL - 320K

Hardware boost:

NA - 0

EUROPE - 0

JAPAN - 0

The HW boost will come from it being released during the Holiday season and people will then say it was LBP that did it.....

SW sales would be about 250k WW or so

520k?

I expect no less than 1 million.

You guys underestimate LBP.

I'm one of the ones who's been predicting big things for LBP from the start, but even I'm not expecting a massive launch. The OP's estimate seems like a pretty fair one, or maybe a little high. LBP is going to get its numbers from slow and steady sales, maybe all the way to the end of the PS3's life. A holiday bundle with the 40gb PS3 (or its equivalent at the time) also seems like a good potential move.

There are too many threads like this, and so many of us will be wrong. :P

As for LBP, I really have no idea what sales will be like. The only thing I'm certain of is that it will start slow but have very long legs due to word of mouth and ever growing UGC.

30k - Japan
100k - EU
100k - NA

Though it all depends on how Sony markets the game.

Hardware boost:

Zip.

In the end I expect the game to top 4 million, though.

No HW boost, SW about 300k if it's lucky.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies