By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mission for Hardcore Wii gamers

If you haven't yet, Buy No More Heroes.  Its been said many times before but needs to be said again, so here are 3 more reasons every "hardcore" wii gamer should pick this up:

1.  It is gloriously violent: Nintendo's little white box has far too little blood gushing through it, and of that blood, No More Heroes + the Resident Evil games probably make up about 99% (and will probably continue to until Mad World comes out).  Buy it to suport more games like it  (Note: I'm not saying violent games are all I want, I'm just saying its nice to have a few more titles that indulge in some darker tendencies--don't you agree?)

2.  It knows gaming: NMH embraces its status as a game by constitantly referring to itself as such... With numerous references to gaming and blatantly ripped-off game presentations and mechanics, you'll find hundreds of in-game references to make your inner geek happy. It's worth it to pick up this one for the nostalgia alone.

3.  It was published by Ubisoft (in the U.S. at least):  Now I know for many of you this is a reason not to pick up the game, but why do you think Ubi pulled so much of its support from the Wii in the first place?  It's because great adult games like these have underperformed for them.  Buy it so we can maybe see a new Prince of Persia or a better Red Steel sometime in the future.

Basically, I think that if you consider yourself a core wii gamer and you complain about the lack of hardcore titles but haven't picked NMH up, you should be ashamed of yourself.  Go buy it, now.  You're missing out on one of the best titles released in '08 with every word you read.

Annnd on that note, I'm going to go buy Okami so I'm not a hypocrite.

Around the Network

Nice post.

Re: point 2, my favourite line in the game was, "What if the game gets delayed? You don't want this to turn into No More Heroes Forever, do you?"

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I agree. I'm enjoying it so far. The only problem with it is the laggy beamsword graphics and the camera angle. But they are tolerable.

I played it for a while, but I found it to be rather boring, the gameplay at least. It's very funny, but I just can't get into it.

The post fails because you fall into the category that 'gore=hardcoarz'.

But NMH IS an awesome game

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

i bought it the week it was released

cool game, hope it sells more

It's actually the only 3rd-person melee game with hack-and-slash controls that I've ever enjoyed, due simply to the way you hold the controller to control the way you hold the beamsword, which adds a whole new level of gameplay to the usual button mashing in these games. That's what saved the controls for me. But yeah, the story and style are awesome as hell too.

famousringo said:

Nice post.

Re: point 2, my favourite line in the game was, "What if the game gets delayed? You don't want this to turn into No More Heroes Forever, do you?"

Hah that was probably my favorite refrence too.

These type of thread is always pathetic

However buy No More Heroes.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

This is the only game where I knew that style definatly goes over substance here.

(Edit: not to say the substance it's bad... it's great but the style just overshadows it more!)

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->