By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do you think metal gear solid will stay ps3 exclusive?

in my opinion the game will never hit on the XBOX360, but i dont agree that 360 cant afford the game...

Around the Network
I Perdict said:
FJ-Warez said:
darthdevidem01 said:
They are PAYED & TRAINED to do this job hence they are more reliable & their opinions have a higher value than that of sieanr or NJ5 (both of whom are contantly negative about PS3)

Trained, man I really want a proof or that...

Still his job is about reviewing a game, but did they know how the game works??? did they participate on the development??? I take every review with a grain of salt, because is hard to make such assumtions when your participation limits you...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's really funny.

You know why?

I'll tell you....

BECAUSE THEY DID!

Konami invited a crap load of people to some thing and just play MGS4 for a week and give feed back how to improve the game.

A few professional sites said the ones who participated in that event wont be the ones reviewing the game since their feed back my not have been implimented and the reviewer might have higher expectations because of so.

Err, when I say "participate in the development of a software" I am not talking about playing with it, I'm talking about the engine, the assets, the sound... working on the code, recording sound effects, making models...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

MGS4 must be near 2 million sold by now, it will almost definately never be on another console.

it will stay exclusive as the game as it is, barely fits in a blu-ray 50 gb disc, so lol, how the hell can they make it fit in a DVD ?, there would be 3-4 discs and it wouldnt still had 50 GB space, and kojima would have to pump it down way to much, compress everything, and with Kojima's high standar, i just dont see this happening.

accept the fact, and buy a ps3 if you want to play it, no MGS4 for crapbox 360

Depends. If 360 ties or beats PS3 this Xmas, then yeah probably it'll come to 360 summer 09. Otherwise, I doubt it.

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
I Perdict said:
FJ-Warez said:
darthdevidem01 said:
They are PAYED & TRAINED to do this job hence they are more reliable & their opinions have a higher value than that of sieanr or NJ5 (both of whom are contantly negative about PS3)

Still his job is about reviewing a game, but did they know how the game works??? did they participate on the development??? I take every review with a grain of salt, because is hard to make such assumtions when your participation limits you...

That's really funny.

You know why?

I'll tell you....

BECAUSE THEY DID!

Konami invited a crap load of people to some thing and just play MGS4 for a week and give feed back how to improve the game.

A few professional sites said the ones who participated in that event wont be the ones reviewing the game since their feed back my not have been implimented and the reviewer might have higher expectations because of so.

Err, when I say "participate in the development of a software" I am not talking about playing with it, I'm talking about the engine, the assets, the sound... working on the code, recording sound effects, making models...

lol at you. you said "did they participate on the development???" isn't giving suggestions to be impliment in the game part of development? Yes it is. Also since they had a part of development how do you know these people didn't interview with the developers while at the event and get some information on the specs of the game?

I'm sure a lot of game talk and communication happened for this event.

I Perdict said:
FJ-Warez said:
I Perdict said:
FJ-Warez said:
darthdevidem01 said:

That's really funny.

You know why?

I'll tell you....

BECAUSE THEY DID!

lol at you. you said "did they participate on the development???" isn't giving suggestions to be impliment in the game part of development? Yes it is. Also since they had a part of development how do you know these people didn't interview with the developers while at the event and get some information on the specs of the game?

I'm sure a lot of game talk and communication happened for this event.

Yeah, I said talking about the dynamic process of development, the tests, even part of the process can't be taken as enough proof to tell if they are qualified or not to talk about the cut-scenes as ingame renders...

Testing teh game just put them in the same place as most of the gamers, they are using the product byut they don't know how does it works...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Wow. Lots of hate in this thread.

I do not think that MGS4 will show up on the 360, simply because it has made such an effort to be identified with that particular console.

Graphic problems could probably be adressed, storage issues solved, and embarrasing codec conversations removed or changed. No, the big reason is the image. MGS4 is so completely tied to PS3 image that I find it improbable Konami would do a U-turn now that the game is released.

Most cross platform games are usually not tied to the image of the console. Halo did appear on PC but it was originally a PC title, and that move felt natural. MGS4 would feel completely wrong.

And personally I wouldn't put what an IGN reporter says about a game as a source to be reckoned with. Partly because you have no idea how much he actually knows. He might have good insight, but he might also have no insight and just be babbling foolishly. Also, never trust ANYONE giving a game a 100/100. Ever. I have yet to across a flawless game. (that is, don't just take their word for it with what they say about the game... You can trust them on other issues.)

Give me a konami quote (like Kojima himself would be nice) saying all cutscenes are ingame and I will believe it. Before that, I will stay undecided. EDIT: Recent quote, mind you. Lots can change with 4 years of developement.

This is invisible text!

don't now but kojima and konami say that a million time so exclusive

You know, its funny that you guys keep arguing this point against me when you own the game, and just spending a couple of minuets watching certain cutscenes will prove that they're not real time.

Play the cutscene at the end of Act 3 and look at the sky. You'll see tons of macroblocking. If that doesn't do it for you, then watch the cutscene at the end of Act 4. Again the macroblocking and posterizing will be most noticeable in the sky.

But I'm sure you'll keep claiming that everything is real time and 60fps. Speaking of which, do you still think that the egg scenes are in-game Leo-j?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"