By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Amazing New Sonic Unleashed (xbox 360) Trailer- game looks AAA!

kingofwale said:
AAA??? Are you kidding me?

Half of the time it looks more like the game is playing you. the camera definitely is not helping at something that moves that fast.

Exactly why most (if not all) 3D Sonic game failed.

You know, I'm going to actually agree with king on this one. From what I can gather from the trailer, this game does not warrant a AAA status. The game looks as though its a hybrid of sonic wii and sonic adventures. Both games being very subpar and didn't live up to the hype whatsover.

I'll give this game the benefit of a doubt since the game has yet to be released. Nontheless, I still think that Sega will find a way to screw up and this game will be added to the list of failed sonic games.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Around the Network

If sega wants to truly recapture the essence of a 2D sonic game, make a freakin 2D sonic without the added 3D gameplay. Nintendo did it with NSMB and I think Sega could do it as well.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Well that other Sonic game that is released on X360/PS3 looked very good to if you just watched the trailers;..

Meh - Not getting any kind of Buzz from that video

*Yet to play a Sonic I've enjoyed as much as Sonic 2!

I dun care what anyone else says, this looks to me like the best Sonic game I've ever seen :P It looks AMAZINGLY epic, and I LOVE the context sensitive moments in gaming, I think they do worlds for a video game :P I hate to say it, I've got my eye open for this sonic game XD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
Avalach21 said:
honest to God, I've been a Sonic fan since 1992, and I really really really want to like this game, but it doesn't look good. This isn't the old Sonic. The old sonic games were platforming games with creative level design. From this video I gather that unleashed lacks both of these aspects.

It's an interesting quirk of industry commentators that they all seem to believe that creating a Sonic game true to its roots requires the game to be ridiculously fast without anything else. Of course anyone who has spent any time with the Sonic series knows that this is not true, whilst you could obviously go fast, many of the games required you to explore the environments (typically to become Super Sonic).

Until SEGA address this issue, which funnily enough wasn't present in either SA 1 or 2, they will not make a great Sonic game in 3D.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

i so wish and hope the magic of dreamcast sonic adventure comes back, but im afraid this will be like the previous sonic. = crap.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

apparently there are alot of people here that never played the old 2d sonic games (IE the good ones). This looks like a brilliant return to form, and I eagerly await it. I love the music too, it also seems oldschool rather than really corny rock/rap music that seemed to plague modern sonic games. It was just an exuberant fun song that went well with it. Go on and say nay, nay sayers (it is what you do!), I am looking forward to seeing more of this game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

PhatLaosBoi said:

If sega wants to truly recapture the essence of a 2D sonic game, make a freakin 2D sonic without the added 3D gameplay. Nintendo did it with NSMB and I think Sega could do it as well.

Sega did do a 2D Sonic game on the DS.  I played the first one and thought it was a pretty good game imo.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Sonic seems extra fast in this game.