By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Latest GTA IV Flap: In-game Spoof of Pedophile Site

vaio said:
NJ5 said:
vaio said:
Does the embedded video work for you guys?

If not can someone please embedd it for me.

This thread was a trap, the police is now on its way to your home.

LOL, I better leave town now. Does the vidoe work?

No, does mine?

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
vaio said:
NJ5 said:
vaio said:
Does the embedded video work for you guys?

If not can someone please embedd it for me.

This thread was a trap, the police is now on its way to your home.

LOL, I better leave town now. Does the vidoe work?

No, does mine?

yes it does thank you

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

lol

I think the parody is funny, people need to take it as a joke. Yes the real deal is not funny, but GTA has always been over the edge on parody and sick humor. I can also take a rocket launcher and frag everyone in the internet cafe. In real life that wouldn't be funny either.

thekitchensink said:
Well, thanks to them, I now know a way to jack my wanted level up real fast!

Same here, but replace "wanted level up" with cock.

EDIT: Mods, please advise me if this post is pushing things too far.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Wow, some people just can't take a joke for what it is... Should we be forbidden to make jokes about pedophiles?

It is definitely an overreaction, but joking about sexual assaults, especially on children, is treading on very thin ice.  Consider that a huge percentage of women (perhaps 1 in 3) have been affected by sexual assaults, and many have been affected while they were children.  At that age, it can easily become something that can define your entire life.  Even the mention of something similar can make people who have been molested upset.

I'm not saying this is worth attacking, I'm simply explaining how people can focus energy attacking something like this.

who cares, if people get so easily offended by this it's their problem not ours. You can't just hide from reality by attacking anything that offends you, people need to suck it up and deal with it.

TheBigFatJ said:
NJ5 said:
Wow, some people just can't take a joke for what it is... Should we be forbidden to make jokes about pedophiles?

It is definitely an overreaction, but joking about sexual assaults, especially on children, is treading on very thin ice.  Consider that a huge percentage of women (perhaps 1 in 3) have been affected by sexual assaults, and many have been affected while they were children.  At that age, it can easily become something that can define your entire life.  Even the mention of something similar can make people who have been molested upset.

I'm not saying this is worth attacking, I'm simply explaining how people can focus energy attacking something like this.

You sound exactly like the following comedy bit from the Ron and Fez show on XM satellite radio:

http://www.ronfez.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2989

People should be able to distinguishe a joke in a game from reality and not grab at straws like they do with this.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Of course people get offended by this.

I mean, millions of people surf on pedo website, have they been that quickly tracked down??? Absolutely not.

Such twist of reality has NO BUSINESS doing in a video game.

I say we sue T2

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)