By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wiifit : chance it is a fad grows bigger

What kind of legs did you expect for this game? Have you ever seen a game selling extremely high numbers for months?

No... having legs means sustained but moderate weekly sales. The drop-off you're seeing is just the process of getting to that moderate sales level.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

OP: This doom and gloom is totally unwarranted. The game is clearly supply constrained. Not to mention, this game will be/has been the epitome of legs.

kirby007 said:
hey guys what rule did i break? http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php
pm me if you know, that way it won't happen again

Ooh, someone's happy with his 2nd chance!

Dont matter if its a fad when its already sold 5 million copies. They made a shit load of cash and can move onto to the next "fad".

By the same reasoning GTA4 was a fad.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

I'm going to say, supply - if your going to compare Wiifit you need to compare it to hardware not software.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
http://wiitracker.com/wiifit/

That says it all.

6/12 3:01 PM PDT - SamsClub.com Wii Fit w/ Balance Board for $90 - Sold Out
6/12 2:51 PM PDT - SamsClub.com Wii Fit w/ Balance Board for $90 - In Stock

6/12 2:31 PM PDT - SamsClub.com Wii Fit w/ Balance Board for $90 - Sold Out
6/12 2:21 PM PDT - SamsClub.com Wii Fit w/ Balance Board for $90 - In Stock

6/09 8:01 AM PDT - BestBuy.com Wii Fit with Wii Balance Board for $90 - Sold Out
6/09 7:51 AM PDT - BestBuy.com Wii Fit with Wii Balance Board for $90 - In Stock

6/06 5:51 PM PDT - SamsClub.com Wii Fit w/ Balance Board for $90 - Sold Out
6/06 5:21 PM PDT - SamsClub.com Wii Fit w/ Balance Board for $90 - In Stock

6/06 3:01 PM PDT - SamsClub.com Wii Fit w/ Balance Board for $90 - Sold Out
6/06 2:51 PM PDT - SamsClub.com Wii Fit w/ Balance Board for $90 - In Stock

I don't know what you're talking about.  Sam's Club second shipment lasted for thirty minutes.

What you have to understand is that on it's third week in Japan Nintendo had only Japan to supply but on it's third week in America, Wii Fit was out in every region so they had to supply a bit to everyone worldwide which easily explains why stock is so low.

Signature goes here!

Supply constrained. Also, keep and mind that 10 years ago, Pokemon was being called a fad. 10 years later, how much has the recent pokemon Diamond/pearl sold?

suppy

Brainslug said:
It's simple math time!!!

If you produce 150 000 copies of a game a week but only sell in one conutry how many copies of the game are you selling per week in that country?

Now if you produce 150 000 copies of the same game and sell it to 3 different regions - How many copies of the game are you selling per region per week?

Anybody?

Ooh, I know this one, it's 450,000! :P

1) Supply Constrained

2) 4.7 million is alot of games, especially considering it's an expensive peripheral game, and it is new IP as opposed to a franchise

3) As more games are announced/released that support the balance board its popularity will increase