By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09, One-to-one swing mechanics. (from IGN)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09

One-to-one swing mechanics, enhanced graphics and four-player simultaneous online play. This is how you do Wii golf.

June 16, 2008 - With its tactile feel and gestural gameplay opportunities, the Wii remote has always seemed perfectly suited to golf titles, which is probably why just about every developer, from Nintendo to third-parties like Tecmo and EA, has taken a "swing" at one or more such efforts since the launch of Nintendo's popular home console. Of course, it's a task easier said than done. Wii Sports golf, for example, got the one-to-one swing mechanics down pat, but it completely ignored draw and fade, necessary options for true golfers. Oppositely, previous iterations of Tiger Woods PGA Tour included sometimes wonky draw and fade controls, but dropped the one-to-one swing and in turn the sensation that you're in direct control of the club. Don't even get us started on Super Swing Golf.

(Please let it be good!)

Around the Network

I just hope it is not too realistic. I don't want to slice in this game like I do in real life lol. These games are so you can be better than that :P

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Aiemond said:
I just hope it is not too realistic. I don't want to slice in this game like I do in real life lol. These games are so you can be better than that :P

Apparently there are three different modes. You can play so that your swing (and all its faults) are replicated or you can use the mode where it will be more like a Wii Golf kind of control.

What is scaring about these new EA games for the wii is that most improvement are in the sports division now recently headed by Peter Moore.

Coincidence ? I THNK NOT.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Will this game be the Wii Fit for 50+ year old golfers?

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Will this game be the Wii Fit for 50+ year old golfers?

If they get it right I know a bunch of 40+ year old golfers that will be buying this. ME!

If this is good enough, I bet I could get my dad to crack and buy a Wii. He had some really shitty virtual golf PC game about 11 years ago that sucked ass. You held this thing that was the top half of the club, with some sort of IR thing on the end, and you plugged in this little sensor shit, and put it on the floor pointing straight up, and you swing right over it. I'll tell him all about this when it comes out.

And I thought Super Swing Golf was better than Tiger Woods, but call me crazy. I'm still waiting for the Capcom golf game with Miis, Capcom characters, and online play. But DAYUMN, if all this shit's true I'll wait for this one instead. This sounds great.

EA has finally decided that money can be made on Wii if they don't produce crap, next company that needs to realize this: Ubisoft.

Nice. I was hyped for Tiger Woods after Wii Sports but once I learned they dropped one to one mechanics I lost interest. I'll definitely check this out.

hmm, this seems like what we wanted from Wii Tiger since day one. About damn time they get it right. (hopefully)

Awesome.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY