By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Free Team Fortress 2 This Weekend! Pyro Update Comes Thursday!

TF2 is a pale, shallow corpse of what QuakeTF was.

Around the Network

Whoa, faster than I expected.

The Pyro used to be my most played class, but he recently got surpassed by the Demo, Sniper, Engineer, and Soldier. Yeah, I guess I don't use him much anymore. =P

Still, half of every team being Pyros shouldn't mess the game quite as badly as Medics (let alone Snipers or Pyros), so this might work out decently. Hopefully the achievements are designed so that they don't encourage people to play the game "wrong", or require excessive amounts of grind.

So much for the Spy...

I never play Pyro, but I'll likely get the achievements through the achievement farming servers anyway. I don't have the time or the patience to do it properly.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Meet the sniper is great, lol.

Each video gets better.

Wow. The new video is freakin' hilarious.

Go watch it.  Or download it.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

And the Pyro is my favorite class, so I can't wait for the update.

High five for Pyro fan.

Can't wait. I just hope the maps are good. A lot of user created maps suck and don't allow for the class balance that the valve maps create.

Also, the Pyro's new gun can be seen in the new video.

Looks like a flare gun.  Setting people on fire at long range?  Sweet!!

Update: vid posted up top.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Is it me or is the sniper Australian? lol

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I wonder if this means the 'Hunted' gameplay mode will return from TFC? Though it was probably just a little bit of humor for the Sniper.