By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A Fall from grace

Wait, 'cows.' That's some weird Gamespot lingo, innit?

Why the hell are you bringing that here?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

well last year ps3 didnt sale past anyone... now its never lost one week to the 360 WW... id say it is a turn around that everyone in this thread did NOT see coming and it is a little funny lol.

oooops sorry. Used to go on the Gamespot forums, but quite becasue they're not the kind of guys I like. Sorry people. I'll edit the post.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

ultimate_123 said:
oooops sorry. Used to go on the Gamespot forums, but quite becasue they're not the kind of guys I like. Sorry people. I'll edit the post.

So you used to go to gamespot and post crap like this just to get people mad even though you don't even agree with yourself...wha?

Join a gym, do something productive in your free time.

And yes, fall from grace, its evident because the best game of this gen just launched on PS3 and it sold 1mil plus WW on the first day and sold out all bundled systems... 

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

I came from gamespot... this guy gives me a bad rep.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Thread = 10.0

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

ultimate_123,

You sound a lot like Ralph, lol.

Given how dominant Sony was last gen, and how late the PS3 came to the market - this reaction from Sony fans was sort of inevitable.

With the PS3 "slowing" building momentum, it seems likely that some day this generation the PS3 will dominate - its just hard to predict exactly when that is. Its quite excusable for people back in early '07 to think domination would occur early '08 - just as people are now predicting domination to occur sometime in '09.

Its pretty amusing watching the market work at the moment - Wii is obviously dominating, but instead of the 360 openly competing vrs the Wii - its primary role seems to be holding the PS3 back (taking exclusives, etc). I'm sure its all part of MS's big strategy...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

uuuuhhhmmmmm.....what? this thread does not compute...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, well compared to last year the PS3 has been doing incredible.... and it is certainly doing quite well, even if not to wii or PS2 levels but outselling M$ 2:1 on average in Europe is certainly impressive. MGS 4 is what the fanboys have all been waiting for, and it has arrived and delivered