By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Microsoft Dominate after E3?

merkh66 said:
1. 360's already cheaper and being outsold.

2.Gears, Fable, and Halo are all million sellers but so are Socom, Tekken 6, and Resistance 2. No major advantage there...

3. Ill post this in depth in a minute.

4. That was a joke right? If anything IF that did happen it would hurt 360 sales and they'd probably get hit with some sort of lawsuit from Nintendo somehow.

5. This is entirely wrong. First, no ball has been dropped on home, every sensible ps3 owner cares about/cant wait for it most likely and the PSN becomes better with each update and oh yea its free.

i agree with this guy

Around the Network

Yep, it will dominate the time I spend in front of the tv. They have a shit ton of fucking awesome games coming out and I cannot wait.

I really dont think 360 fans have anything to be optimistic about. Past Gears 2 and Halo, no one seems to really care about exclusives on the 360. I dont know why you think Fable 2, Too Human, or Banjo Kazooie will change that.

LBP is the best chance for global success in the kids market(were not talking about nintendo of course.) Unless E3 brings something we haven't seen thus far, none of those games are going to change anything. Europe is Sony territory when it comes between Microsoft and Sony. Same thing for Japan. The popularity of Sony and Nintendo, plus franchises like Socom, MGS4, and Resistance, on top of Bioshock being released this winter greater hinder any chance of Microsoft being dominant in NA this winter. On top of that, Gears 2 is tapping the same market that 3 huge titles have already tapped for Microsoft in NA. (Those titles being Gears, Halo 3, and COD4). People who want an Xbox in NA and like Gears 2 type gameplay have a 360 already in most cases. The hardware boost for that game, unless Microsoft drops the price $100 across the board, is going to be minimal.

At this rate the 360 is in trouble. The game sites, the analysts, the sales are all not in a conspiracy against the 360. It used way too much of its arsenal last year, which is why its being outsold by the PS3 this year even at higher price in every region. Gears 2 unanswered would spell disaster for the PS3, much like Halo 3 did last year. This year is much much different. Gears 2, if its as popular as Halo 3, will keep the 360 in the race, but anything less than that means the 360 will be a distant third this year in sales. Fable 2 should break 2,000,000. Too Human and Banjo dont stand a chance.

Why does the xbox need a price cut? It seems pretty cheap to me. Everytime I enter the what MS needs to do to dominate threads step 1 is always a price cut.

Step 1 Free online gaming with an xbox live silver subscription.
Step 2 all systems include a hard drive.
Step 3 Elite/Premium version include a Blu-ray player
Step 4 Hard drives should be upgradeable (no expensive proprietary crap)
Step 5 Tell Aaron Greenberg to shut up (He makes me hate MS whenever he speaks).

The battle is with Sony not Nintendo. The Wii is too far gone.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Out of all possible future 360 games, Killer Instinct 3 isn't exactly great evidence. Or likely.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
resistance was a better game than fable, you only have 1 proven IP coming for the 360 this year and thats GEARS OF WAR( dont mention halo wars, strategy games on consoles dont mix)

1)Opinion

2)It still has Halo in the title. Your argument is invalid

Now, in responce to the TC: I think many of your points aren't good reasons for domination. Not many of those games are system sellers and the periferals will not be of interest to the core audience. Besides a price cut, none of these will create domination.

What Microsoft just needs to focus on is getting more games on their system and a larger variety. The main draw of the system is going to be it's library. It's larger then Sony's and has many quality titles. They just need more veriety to attract more people, and if it did that early on, then the system would be doing much better.