By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict each console's sales during mgs4 week.

Ps3: 350-400k
wii: 300-350k
xbox360: 100-140k

Around the Network
roadkillers said:
Given the fact that the bundles sold very well I'd say...

Japan: 65,000
North America: 140,000
Others: 160,000
Overall: 365,000

Thats my guess but im not sure about others I dont know if they got the bundle.

didnt the ps3 sold 140k first day in NA , if thats the case why think it wouldnt sell any more?

My prediction is that the PS3 will sell noticeably less than the Wii this week and Sony fans will freak out and claim that ioi is undertracking the PS3; tons of them will state "Wait until NPD!"

NPD will come out and will have monthly numbers below what ioi produced and Sony fans will claim that NPD is wrong, and that ioi was correct.

@HappySquirel

well if SONY fans have evolved correctly they won't let another GTA 4 fiasco take place

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

500k PS3
499k Nintendo Wii
150k XBox 360

Around the Network

I really can't grasp why 360 is getting a sudden boost in many predictions....

NG2 released last week, so what is the reason.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Some of you may want to look at the weekly sales chart for 2008:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39453&end=39607

PS3 has only topped 212k a single time, and that was 319k on the week of Grand Theft Auto's release. It's usually been between 175k and 200k worldwide. I think the major question is whether the hardware boost this week will be as large as that for Grand Theft Auto... I would say no, except that we already know that Metal Gear Solid sold a lot of bundles in Japan, whereas Grand Theft Auto did nothing there. So I'll venture a guess somewhere in the 300-325k region, around the same amount as the week of GTA.

Unfortunately, since most of these sales are coming from new or limited edition bundles, hardware sales will likely not stay elevated for long.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

daactualfact said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Wii.

Well - during Wii Fit launch in America, Wii sold 324K there.

At GTA IV launch, it sold 412K.

I suspect that it will be lower than both those, as we have seen a sort of "uptrapping" lately.

Weekly Wii sells more and more in the big weeks, and then had a boom, before tripping down again.

Normally the up week is twice of the down week, so I'll say about 230K.

Others: The boosts here are minimal from supply. Normal is around 150K here, so that seems fair, as I see little reason for increase there.

Japan: Wii is in a decreasing period, just as Ps3/360, and shouldn't have a big boost, so 40K.

Worldwide: 420K.

That's good. Now let's check your Ps3 predicts. (some of which are IRRATIC!)

Ps3:

America:

Ps3 peaked at 99K in GTA  launch. Now there's already 70K bundles, and an estimated 30K boost on normal sales, so 150K.

1st sentence is incorrect. Ps3 sold 145k during gta4. About near correct.

Others:

Sold over 200K with GTA. Has  had huge stocks, and sold out. It's bigger than GTA IV, so I'll say 250K

Now, this is what I meant by irratic. Mgs4 may beat gta4 when it comes to game quality, but when it comes to game sales, GTA4 RAPED! How can it sell that much? I doubt that a lot. For me, 140k-155k is possible, but 250k is downright unreachable for it. (It's also not bigger than gta4. mgs series is nowhere near the grand theft auto series in popularity.)

Japan:

Japanese love bundles. MGS is selling huge over there (at least for a Ps3 game). I expect it to have a major boost, to 50K.

sounds about right.

Worldwide:

450K.

X360:

Slight drop from usual is likely. Normal is 60K Others and 50K America, so 90K.

http://vgchartz.com/aweekly.php?date=39572&console=&maker=&boxartz=1

Ps3 sold 99K on GTA IV launch. Not 145K, unless I'm reading it wrong.

For Others, I think you're slightly correct. 250K is a lot, but I believe it has a shot at it.

Grand Theft Auto IV was a multiplatform game. It didn't give a huge boost in sales - in fact, people were dissapointed. It gave X360 a roughly 70K HW boost in Others, and Ps3 a rough 100.

For Ps3 to now get a 150K hardware boost may be a bit much, but 120K is definately within reach

PS: What does irratic mean? I've never heard of it. Same as erratic?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

my guesstimate -

US:
Wii - 370k
PS3 - 280k
XB360- 120k

Japan:
Wii - 50k
PS3 - 30k
XB360 -4k

daactualfact: No it's not a joke post. You'll see when this weeks/next weeks sales come in. You under estimate what MGS series can do sales wise for a Playstation platform.