By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ****SPOILER***** MGS4 ****SPOILER*****

So was anyone else shocked by the end of the game? I'm talking the real end, when the credits took a break to reveal that snake was alive still and would survive at least for a little longer. Then there was the whole Big Boss being alive and the killing off of the last remaining patriots. How impressed were you all by the ending?

Then theres the talk with octacon and snake at the very end about how they'll stay together, hinting at a possible sequel with maybe raieden as the lead? or akiba?

Around the Network

Yeah I enjoyed it and am glad there is a chance of a sequel. I would prefer it followed raiden though.

Yea me too. There was something about old snake that bothered me, but I'm glad that he lived none the less.

spoilers*

Snake doesn't live, it's never revealed how he actually dies. He just has 3 months to live at that point.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Yeah, the last cutscene in the game was possibly the best in the whole game. I thought the game ended very well, and on a very positive note for all of the bleakness the game conjures throughout.

Note to OP: You should black out your text so that you don't get into any trouble.  Just don't want to see anyone get banned over something simple. 

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
swyggi said:
spoilers*

Snake doesn't live, it's never revealed how he actually dies. He just has 3 months to live at that point.

Clearly you missed the end scene that took place in the middle of the credits, because he does live.

I thought the amazing return of PHSYCO MANTIS was fucking incredible, I literally shit myself..

mM
leo-j said:
I thought the amazing return of PHSYCO MANTIS was fucking incredible, I literally shit myself..

HAHA omg i forgot about that! How funny was it when he said let me read the memory card and disconnect the controller haha! I gotta admit the first thing i did when facing that boss was switch my controller to #2 only to get laughed at by Octacon.

merkh66 said:
leo-j said:

HAHA omg i forgot about that! How funny was it when he said let me read the memory card and disconnect the controller haha! I gotta admit the first thing i did when facing that boss was switch my controller to #2 only to get laughed at by Octacon.

I gotta admit that was one of my favorite parts...

And on the ending. It was probably my favorite ending to any metal gear.  I mean when big boss grap snakes hand a hugs him i was just like wow. I dont think i will ever forget his last words "This is good, Isnt It?" 

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Anyone notice how snake took a quick puff out of Big Boss' final cigar? Kojima soooo over did the chain smoking.