By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit hate article of the day

kingofwale said:
I think the question is...

What kind of people take Daily Mail seriously and get all worked-up about it?

Those who don't know what the Daily Mail is usually.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Well it's not limited to the daily mall. It was picked up on the UPI wire, which means media outlets all over the world are publishing this rubbish.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/06/16/UPI_NewsTrack_Quirks_in_the_News/UPI-88561213651235/

Women damage homes using Wii Fit

LONDON, June 16 (UPI) -- British women who use the Nintendo Wii Fit video game to work out have caused a total of nearly $40 million in destruction to their homes, research indicates.

Women have accidentally kicked over televisions, furniture and pets while exercising in the privacy of their living rooms with the Wii, The Daily Telegraph reported Monday.

About a fifth of women said they have accidentally knocked into objects in their living rooms or hurt themselves while using the Wii, a study by women's insurance company Sheila's Wheels revealed.

Home damages are expected to continue as the popularity of the Wii Fit increases throughout Britain, the report said.

Of the 1,000 women surveyed, 86 percent said they either already have a Wii Fit, or are preparing to buy one in the near future.

Anyone who calls a pulled muscle a "calamity" is clearly biased. LOL great find!

Yugh, I could smell this brainfart from across the North Sea. If this ever turns up somewhere respectable, please can we just write a lettre to the media publishing this?

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Absolutely priceless :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Wii fit the killer of all things.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

How many vases are there per household or per woman in the UK?

This is the most retarded thing I have ever read. How does this article got approved and published ?

Wow... Just... Wow!

For one this is probably a stupid journalist that had nothing to talk about and decided to get some attention by bashing something popular and acclaimed.

For two, Wii Fit is just like any exercise. You wouldn't exercise near valuables because you would be affraid to break something right? If they break stuff playing this it's cause of their own mistakes and stupidity.

This is so frustrating! >_<

well maybe if their husbands werent off with other woman they woudnt take it out on vases and tvs. im just saying

haha yeah i was totally kidding :)

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Wow...

Why didn't they calculate the money saved on fuel and gym memberships for people who use Wii Fit? I'm pretty sure it would be a net savings, even if a few vases got broken...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957