By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Capcom Wii Project Still Coming

Thought Spyborgs was Capcom's "or something like that" title? Think again, they're cooking up something else entirely.

Late last month, we reported that Capcom were planning a Wii title similar to Lost Planet and Bionic Commando which would be announced over the coming weeks. Shortly after our story, Capcom announced the madcap Saturday morning TV style title Spyborgs, leading us to believe that Spyborgs was indeed the mysterious "or something like that" title. How wrong we were.

Issue #25 of NGamer Magazine features a very small preview of Spyborgs, with an enigmatic quote nestled within. "There's a bullet with our name on it if we speak of their ultra top secret Wii title (a surprising take on a next-gen favourite), so we'll stick to the safer, though still intruiging, Spyborgs."

A new take on a next-gen favourite? Bionic Commando and Lost Planet are definite possibilities then. Just to get you salivating like a rabid dog over the possibilities, we hear Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 and Dead Rising have quite a fan following as well.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11949

Thoughts?

Personally I think the "next-gen favourite" could mean one of two things, something that is coming/has come out this gen, or a genre that has been popular this gen (fps perhaps).. what do you all think?

Around the Network

I think by putting both rumors together it comes out to Lost Planet as the most likely.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

yeh .. but i'm just thinking that it is odd for them to choose to say they were planning a title "similar to lost planet and bionic commando" if they were talking about lost planet itself

lost planet? i hope not i didnt like that game very much

probably not lost planet, they said something like lost planet and BC

i hope its re5

Around the Network

Whatever it is, it better be a game for the mature audience as that is something the Wii could use a little more of.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

it wont be devil may cry, remember the creator said no

My guess is RE5, or some version thereof.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

remember.. it won't be a direct port of any of the ps360 games, because otherwise it wouldn't be a 'surprising take'

i would love to see dead rising - it would be simple to make it on the wii. 360 version didn't have graphics that wii couldn't handle(maybe with some effects dumbed down) and this game would fit perfectly for wii with good controls. i loved dead rising on 360 and this game would be a first day buy for me if it would come to the wii.
so if it's "It's similar to LP and BC"(so it can't be LP, BC and SF4) and "surprising take on a next-gen favourite"
we can get:
dead rising - possible
RE 5 - very possible(if you think about all those delays the only thing that is coming to my mind now is that there is wii version in the works too and all versions will launch in the same day)
DMC 4 - very unlikely