By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Qore worth it?

Profcrab said:
TheRealMafoo said:
sieanr said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Profcrab said:

Once upon a time in the dark days of the non-internet capable consoles when demos for consoles were primarily available through demo discs, buying a magazine just for the demos made sense. In the modern age where demos are downloadable for free, yes I have an issue with some demos being moved back into the "pay" catagory. Especially when demos have been free not only on PSN but also on XBL. It is also only $2 if you subscribe. Demos are also marketing content, which I will not pay for. They want me to buy their game. Great! Don't make me pay for the Baskin Robbins sample spoon. I expect all material that a company issues to tempt me into buying their product to be free or reduce the cost of another company's product. Previews, demos, and betas are all marketing tools.

I give that post a 9.1.

courtesy of Ssyn

Episode 1 came with:

-Socom interviews/new videos of the game

+Socom beta key

+Socom theme

-Star Wars TUF interviews/new videos/comic book

-Secret Agent Clank Interview/new videos

-One more exclusive interciew/videos (forgot name)

-Free calling all cars DL

whats this, it looks like the content of a magazine...plus a free game?!!! gasp!!! so qore isnt only about demos? so profcrab sprouting nonsense about sony charging for demos is just that? nonsense? so, sony is selling qore as an online magazine and the demos are just nice additions? why i never.....

by the way, by your logic, gamespot shouldnt charge for their paid membership coz all you get is to download demos, patches, videos etc etc coz it should be free. this would also be true for all gaming sites who offer paid membership so you can download demos etc etc etc. coz according to you, it should all be free.

i give your post a  -infinity

Around the Network

eps 2 did something new that I like. You can now skip the ad's about 5 seconds into them.

Eps 2 was less enjoyable to me then eps 1, as I don't care at all about Naruto. Still worth it to me though. The video of Resistance is nice.

Yes, you can get them off of youtube, but seeing them at the same quality as the game will play is far better.

As for if it's worth it, it all depends on what 25 bucks is worth to you.