By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 v.s. 360 (Sony v.s. Microsoft)

madskillz said:

That's great fodder for flames.

Anyhow, I think a lot has to do with the past generation. The PS2 thumped the latecomer, Xbox, into a virtual coma. This generation, though, Sony fans are shocked their console is a distant 3rd, that MS is solidly in second and a cheap Nintendo console is selling like hotcakes. It's just hard for folks to accept, even with MS and the RROD drama.

Another thing that really creates anger is the lack of PS3 exclusives or the defection of Sony exclusives to the 360. Folks are quick to say 'But that's a Sony franchise - GTA owes Sony for their success!' when games went to the 360 first OR to the 360 only or a timed exclusive. The 360 had the userbase and it's all about getting paid in the end. The 360 proves games can sell. And developers could give a flip about the superior console - they want to make the most money possible.

Which is.....???...

Anyway, no gamer could "survive" the past generation without at least try to own ( I bought a PS2, it crashed, and as long as I remember, no one admit that there was a problem) a PS2.

So, its hard for Sony loyals to watch a new generation to pass by, and many gamers to be fully satisfied with their 360, and don't feel the need of bying a PS3. 360 can offer all a gamer wants. 

On the other hand, I don't see how MS is trying to push Sony out of the gaming business. I think the Vaio laptops STILL support Windows and can play Games for Windows., don't they?

Oh, and there is STILL arrogance. We started playing next gen games, we had a great time with our 360, and Sony arrogantly told us that this is not what's suppossed to  be Next Gen Gaming. That MS only tried to make fool of us and exploit us. And the games on 360 kept coming, and no news from Sony, and Sony kept sayin "wait and you'll see!" 2007 is the year of The World DOmination, and then the games came and they sold like crazy on 360 (on which they were better). And SOny said "this is not true next gen gaming. I WILL teach you what next gen gaming is". And then silence... And we kept playin our 360 games, and the games kept coming.

And then there was 2008, and it was the year of the REAL PS# World DOmination. And games did NOT come (apart from a Demo and a 21 year old franchize- perfect game IMO anyway), and the 360 kept announcing games, and we all wondered, "what planet is Sony propaganda is broadcasting from???". And then came the GTA (GTA  people, GTA) and the "inferior" 360 version, sold 2 times better!!! And Now comes the MGS4 (great game I say, but nothing relevant to genre define)

And thats " The END of the Loudbox" And the games on 360 keep coming, and we don't know what the fuck to play first and what to put aside, and we have peolpe out there who STILL tell us (seriously, these guys are paid with big salaries to tell such BS) that we DON'T really enjoy ourseves and we're hallucinating. 

Sorry for the annoying post  but I just woke up and its really creative, with a cup of hot coffee in hand.

Around the Network

It's simple...

Microsoft doesn't give a damn about gaming. What they do care about however is media centers. Which they want to be living room PCs.

Made by them. So they have the same monopoly they have with regular PCs. If someone comes up with similar media PCs not them that don't use windows... it's a huge threat to their bread and butter.

Had Sony gone the Nintendo route of "All we care about is maing games."

I doubt microsoft would be in the industry right now.

Of course now that they're in again they want to make money... who doesn't?

Since Sony pushed them in they're going to try and make the best consoles and games they can... just if they don't finish first... they're still happy if Sony doesn't finish first.

^^ So media centers are M$'s bread and butter huh? Interesting.

If it wasn't for Microsoft you all would be buying PS3s for $600. Give Microsoft the respect it deserves!

Competition is great but I want to play MGS4... can't afford to buy another console.

Most of the 'hate' comes from denial of the fact that the PS3 is no longer going to live up to the 70% marketshare PS1 grandfather and PS2 father generations and that the PS3 software line-up is lacking.

Because the PS brand have given most of us great gaming (and arguably the best)memories, everyone associates PlayStation with the best console gaming experience. So to think that Nintendo has mopped the floor up so far, and even Microsoft took loads of the marketshare, it was just such a drastic change in the market that it is just too much to take for the forum members here who trusted in Sony (and thereby bought the console very early at such a high price) to be able to completely overpower the competition with their software titles and hardware capabilities.

You can see this when exclusive PS3 games comes out. There is almost a thread made per review out, and people so hot and bothered with bad titles like Haze, Lair and B titles like Heavenly Sword and Folklore as if to say future games should be inspired by them. In my opinion, they got so much attention because of the 'trust in the PS brand' and Sony under-delivering on their promises. If the said games were to come out in the PS2 era, there was nothing to worry about because there were truckloads of other good games. But now it matters if even one of them doesnt make the cut.

Im glad the fans can enjoy MGS4 now, the first PS3 exclusive to make it into 90%+ territory and from what I have seen and heard, it is a great game. But as much as you guys can cheer this, its been 18 months since PS3 launch and I have already had 4 exclusive experiences at that level already on my 360.

All in all, I am happy that I have not been blinded by this brand trust (I could have easily bought into it as I loved the PS2) and have been enjoying my 360 tremendously since. You can see so many posts now on these forums about people waiting it out for RPGs, big exclusive games, its getting silly when its just further giving evidence of the glaring fact that Sony is under-delivering. If in the next generation,the PS4 is better in the games department than the Xbox720, I would easily switch back to the PS.

(And I just want to commend all the 360 fans on this forum. I know you guys would buy the PS3 (or in fact already have it) if there was a game you really wanted. I cant say the same for most of the PS3 owners, who wont buy the 360 simply because its not a PS3).

Around the Network
epinefridis said:
madskillz said:

That's great fodder for flames.

Anyhow, I think a lot has to do with the past generation. The PS2 thumped the latecomer, Xbox, into a virtual coma. This generation, though, Sony fans are shocked their console is a distant 3rd, that MS is solidly in second and a cheap Nintendo console is selling like hotcakes. It's just hard for folks to accept, even with MS and the RROD drama.

Another thing that really creates anger is the lack of PS3 exclusives or the defection of Sony exclusives to the 360. Folks are quick to say 'But that's a Sony franchise - GTA owes Sony for their success!' when games went to the 360 first OR to the 360 only or a timed exclusive. The 360 had the userbase and it's all about getting paid in the end. The 360 proves games can sell. And developers could give a flip about the superior console - they want to make the most money possible.

Which is.....???...

Anyway, no gamer could "survive" the past generation without at least try to own ( I bought a PS2, it crashed, and as long as I remember, no one admit that there was a problem) a PS2.

That remark was full of so much fail that it doesn't even deserve a demotivator. I "survived" last gen and I had a just GameCube for most of it until I got an Xbox for Halo.

colonelstubbs said:
I hate microsoft because they splash money about to make themselves fans.

$100 million to paramount to stop them releasing titles on blu-ray (denying blu-ray owners a title that would justify shelling out for new hardware)

god knows how much dollars to put the GTA4 dlc only on the 360 version

Microsoft are evil personified

WOW! Nice blinders you're wearing.  I guess you hate Sony even more, since right as HD-DVD was about to get Warner and Fox, Sony paid off Fox to the tune of 120 million to not go HD-DVD.  This tipped Warner, and Warner got a 400 million dollar payout for going Blu Ray.

But no, I'm sure this won't make you hate Sony, even thought it 'apparently' made you hate Microsoft.  Selective ethics for the win!