By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 v.s. 360 (Sony v.s. Microsoft)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox here check if you don't believe me :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network

Console adopters, especially early adopters, want their system to have good games. It's as simple as that.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

finalsquall said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox here check if you don't believe me :P

Lol.  Oh I know what you were trying to say, and you were right, it just came out a bit strange.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Snake612 said:

I want to know why is there so much heat between the ps3 and the 360. Their both equally great systems. Why do both companies hate each other and why is microsoft trying so hard to put playstation out of the gaming industry for good? That's the question that's been on my mind through this whole generation.

Sony has the experience of being #1 twice. I don't see a playstation exit anytime soon. IfNintendo never left, I highly doubt Sony ever will. The ps5 is likely to be a cheaper dumbed down console but Sony fufilled its wishes with the PS3 i.e they successfully won the nex gen disc format war

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Snake612 said:

I want to know why is there so much heat between the ps3 and the 360. Their both equally great systems. Why do both companies hate each other and why is microsoft trying so hard to put playstation out of the gaming industry for good? That's the question that's been on my mind through this whole generation.

That's great fodder for flames.

Anyhow, I think a lot has to do with the past generation. The PS2 thumped the latecomer, Xbox, into a virtual coma. This generation, though, Sony fans are shocked their console is a distant 3rd, that MS is solidly in second and a cheap Nintendo console is selling like hotcakes. It's just hard for folks to accept, even with MS and the RROD drama.

Another thing that really creates anger is the lack of PS3 exclusives or the defection of Sony exclusives to the 360. Folks are quick to say 'But that's a Sony franchise - GTA owes Sony for their success!' when games went to the 360 first OR to the 360 only or a timed exclusive. The 360 had the userbase and it's all about getting paid in the end. The 360 proves games can sell. And developers could give a flip about the superior console - they want to make the most money possible.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
"The tribal nature of the individuals who align themselves with one company or the other is far more intriguing."

Yeah, this part of human behaviour is one I don´t particularly enjoy, must fight this internal feeling.

A lot of people take their love for a company waaaay too far, despite not having anything invested in it.

Buying the console could be considered an investment because if the console fails, you'll have a dreamcast on your hands

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

It's called competition.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Dollar vs EuRO
Islam vs All other religions
China vs Taiwan
France vs Anyone else
Puertoricans vs People

it's all just fun and games, like reality tv, 'it doesn't matter' 'it's not important', it's just fun

plus nintendo will have the last laugh anyway

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

not to forget
Leoj vs intelligence

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Because M$ is EVIL. =)
GREEDY, makes you pay for online gaming, which meant to be FREE.
Makes you overpay for HDD.
Creates SHITY hardware.
More over, M$ BUYS games, which were meant tro be ps3 games. IF NOT M$ - Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata, Lost Planet, Star Ocean 4, Bioshock would be released on PS3 at SAME time with x360 version.
M$ is BAD. M$ is BAD for gaming.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far