By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Games that should be ported onto the wii ware

1) WWF No Mercy

2) Super Mario 64

3) Star Wars Racer Epidsode 1( i'm not so sure if thats the title)

4) 007 Goldeneye

5) Super Smash Bros

6) Banjo Kazooie

7) 1080 Snowboarding

What games do you think should be ported onto the wii ware? Discuss.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Ehmm... don't you mean Virtual Console?

Edit: Super Mario 64 is already on it, since the launch of the WII But yeah, Rare games most definitely plus I'd like to see the Mystical Ninja N64 games and Harvest Moon N64 as well. Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger...  

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

yea i meant virtual console

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Super Mario 64, is already for sale on the vc.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

1080 aswell

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

Yoshi's Island (SNES)

Super Mario RPG (SNES)

StarFox (SNES)

Shining Force II (Genesis)

Golden Axe Warrior (SMS)

Wonder Boy 2 & 3 (SMS)

StarTropics 2 (NES)

Little Nemo: Dream Master (NES)

Duck Tales (NES)

Ys Book 1 & 2 (TG-CD)

That's my current wish list, anyway.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

No he was right the first time. The Virtual Console doesn't offer anything new that can't be found in the game's original cartridge so it only benefits those that don't own the original. You'll get nothing of any value with the VC, but here's what can be offered on Wii-Ware:

1. WWF No Mercy-Updated roster and 4 player online. Winner!

2. Super Mario 64-Nothing. Keep that on VC.

3. Star Wars Episode 1 Racer-Again online and up to 8 players!

4. Goldeneye 007-4 player online deathmatches!

5. Super Smash Bros.-4 player online brawls!

6. Banjo-Kazooie-Nothing. This has a much better chance and a high probability of landing on XBLA though sometime this year.

7.1080 Snowboarding-Online! This is also on Virtual Console though.

I don't think anything high profile that is heavily multiplayer should end up on VC anymore. Online play should be mandatory with a Wii-Ware release, especially for many of the N64 titles.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

No he was right the first time. The Virtual Console doesn't offer anything new that can't be found in the game's original cartridge so it only benefits those that don't own the original. You'll get nothing of any value with the VC...

Actually, the N64 games are upscaled to 480p due to the way the emulator works, so they actually look better than normal N64 carts. In addition, if you use component-out, every emulated game has less of the blur predominant in the composite and RF connections of yore, sharper colors, and better contrast.

And besides that, having a little white rectangle sitting on your shelf is far more convenient, far less obtrusive and cumbersome, and probably much cheaper than having an NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Master System, and Turbo Duo (and C64 for you blokes in Europe), and having to switch between them.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Onyxmeth said:

No he was right the first time. The Virtual Console doesn't offer anything new that can't be found in the game's original cartridge so it only benefits those that don't own the original. You'll get nothing of any value with the VC...

Actually, the N64 games are upscaled to 480p due to the way the emulator works, so they actually look better than normal N64 carts. In addition, if you use component-out, every emulated game has less of the blur predominant in the composite and RF connections of yore, sharper colors, and better contrast.

And besides that, having a little white rectangle sitting on your shelf is far more convenient, far less obtrusive and cumbersome, and probably much cheaper than having an NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Master System, and Turbo Duo (and C64 for you blokes in Europe), and having to switch between them.

1. I meant something new in the game itself. Having an N64 game upscale to 480p is sorta irrelevent when the games all look like ass regardless.

2. You're basically arguing that people would prefer digital distribution to physical media. We've had this argument before in these forums and most agree they would rather have the actual game in hand instead of a little white window in their console regardless of how many consoles it takes to make it happen.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I recall a rumour that an updated version of No Mercy with a current roster was proposed for release on Wiiware.