By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So how is Folklore? Should I get?

Its an action / adventure game with an amazing story, beautiful graphics and a wonderful atmosphere and sound. By sucking up the souls from the folks you'll become stronger. Your mission is to defeat the folklore in each realm which is from a colorful fairy realm to an underwater world.

You can also do quests, as side-quests, extra quests you can download through PSN. US / JP has the most extra quests. You have to pay for it of course.

Gameplay might be somewhat repetitive, but so is a Kingdom Hearts II, with which you can kind of compare it, concerning gameplay. The controls when it comes to motion sensing is one of the best on the PS3 IMO, plus the game runs very smoothly, no pop ups nor frame-rate issues.

I'd say its a must have, I really loved it! The story alone will keep you playing as its IMO one of the best stories out there.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

The fighting system is really dumb and it's not really that fun. I traded it in but if you're really in to wierd japanese shit then you might want to give it a look.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

The demo will give you a very good idea of how the game plays, although you will have no idea what the story is like, which is actually pretty well done. I thought it was done in an interesting way as well, as it feels like you are reading a detective story in a serialized novel or something.

I definitely recommend the game if you like JRPG's already. The active combat system is one of the games strong points for sure. I really didn't have too many complaints about the game except that Keats and Ellen's sections weren't differentiated enough, but the fact that their Folk do pretty different things helped alleviate that some.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson