By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is The Playstation 3 Really Doing That Bad?

There are precisely two reviews of RE4 Wii edition on Metacritic thus far. The "average" score is a 90, which grants it "universal acclaim" (87, 93). The first review has this relevant text:

"By dividing control of Leon's movement and gun use between two hands, Capcom has redefined the game's aiming system and freed the game from one of its former niggles. Now you can actually shoot your enemies' individual limbs, taking out heads or legs, with relative ease - something that proved frustratingly awkward on GameCube.

The pointer calibration here is so sharp you could cut yourself with it: even compared with Nintendo's own gunwork in the Duck Hunt-styled passage of Wii Play, it feels like there's greater precision in Capcom's handiwork. The crosshair visible on-screen doesn't shake (unless you're really scared and can't control your hands, of course) and there's no need to move your whole arm (unless you want to copy the hired stooges on Wii TV ads) - the result is an effortless and flawless targeting system that does exactly what you demand of it."

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

@ Bodhesatva.... I really hope it does play really well, it would be a game I'd love to pick up when I get a Wii, I didn't keep my PS2 version and now regret it. Again sorry, I was just pissed at GBallsack for taking my words out of context and continually talking shit in the Sony forum. BTW, funny side note, if you type picc into the PS3s browser it actually has piccadilly in the predictive dictionary... Who in the hell still uses this word? Anyways it gave me a chuckle, thought I'd share =)

vizunary said:
@ Bodhesatva.... I really hope it does play really well, it would be a game I'd love to pick up when I get a Wii, I didn't keep my PS2 version and now regret it. Again sorry, I was just pissed at GBallsack for taking my words out of context and continually talking shit in the Sony forum.

It's cool man, I respect your posts. If anything, please notice that the only real complaint I had about your entire post was the RE4 part. And yeah, I definitely get angry at antagonistic posts sometimes too. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

well, but people, do you understand anything about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand ?
wii costs 250$, and it`s bestselling console now.
x360 costs 400$ and it`s selling the same as console of 600$.
ps3 costs 600$ and it`s selling the same as console of 400$.

i mean, the real failure is x360, or real success between those two is ps3, because it`s selling as good, as console for 400$.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:

CrazzyMan, you're obviously trolling here... People have proved you again and again that that's not true, and you keep repeating it. I wouldn't be surprised if you got banned soon.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
CrazzyMan said:

CrazzyMan, you're obviously trolling here... People have proved you again and again that that's not true, and you keep repeating it. I wouldn't be surprised if you got banned soon.

Are you stupid? Look here - http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&align=1 ps3 is doing same as x360 in first 6 months, and 4 month ps3 wasn`t selling worldwide.

Or maybe you that stupid, that think, that after 1 year ps3 will be doing worse, then x360 today? LOL.

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

IMO selling as well as the XBox 360 did last year is OK for now, considering many of the games so far have been 'quick' XBox 360 ports and with the PS3's big guns are yet to hit the market later this year.

Personally I do think the numbers on this website are a bit off target for the Others region, if the PS3 sold about 1 Million+ in PAL regions so far. I guess tracking accurate data for countries like Russia, Taiwan, South Africa and India may prove to be impossible at this point without some figures provided by Sony themselves.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

CrazzyMan said:
NJ5 said:
CrazzyMan said:

Are you stupid? Look here - http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&align=1 ps3 is doing same as x360 in first 6 months, and 4 month ps3 wasn`t selling worldwide.

Or maybe you that stupid, that think, that after 1 year ps3 will be doing worse, then x360 today? LOL.

This time I'm not going to report you to the mods, but it's the last one. Keep the word "stupid" for people who give you enough trust to use it on them. I'm not your brother or anything.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
CrazzyMan said:
NJ5 said:
CrazzyMan said:

Are you stupid? Look here - http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&align=1 ps3 is doing same as x360 in first 6 months, and 4 month ps3 wasn`t selling worldwide.

This time I'm not going to report you to the mods, but it's the last one. Keep the word "stupid" for people who give you enough trust to use it on them. I'm not your brother or anything.

you cant report him anyway.. half the people that came in here commenting started commenting on the Wii or 360.. last time i checked this was the sony discussion about the PS3.if he gets reported everyone should too... in terms of hype the PS3 is doing the best... just look at the message boards everyone comes to the sony boards everyone...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

NJ5 said:
CrazzyMan said:
NJ5 said:
CrazzyMan said:

Are you stupid? Look here - http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&align=1 ps3 is doing same as x360 in first 6 months, and 4 month ps3 wasn`t selling worldwide.

Then just don`t post stupid comments, which are FAKE.

PS3 is already dooing as good as x360 in first 6 month, and after around 10 AAA games released till May 2008, it will do even better. It`s a LOGICAL thing.

Do you understand, that difference between 16-18 mln. x360 sold by march 31 2008 and 10-12 mln. ps3 won`t matter much? It`s over.