By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What future game release will make you buy another console?

Xponent said:
^^ Cool job. Free consoles huh? Lucky you.

I am with a massive multinational corporation in the sales/marketing side of it. They have a generous bonus system - a catalogue of many consumer products, tax free. I was aiming for a MacBook this year, but I may fall a little short, so a PS3 is on the radar. There is the 360 as well, but for quality of build reasons, I am still staying away.

COMING SOON!

Around the Network

i'm finally going to buy my own x360 for fable 2 and beyond good and evil 2, so far the only current gen systems i own are wii and ds although i spend a lot of time playing on my dreamcast and my saturn (panzer dragoon ftw).

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

A sub-$150 PSP Slim might push me into buying that system.

As for the PS3, pretty much nothing foreseeable at the moment. Maybe if it dropped below $300 for the backwards-compatible version, AND Atlus announced a new PS3-exclusive Megaten game...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

i only own a wii now, no one game makes me buy another console console but a collection of games will thats why i am buying PS3 for RE5, MGS4, FFXIII and LBP, on the 360 i am interested in ninja gaiden 2 and too human and RE5, but i will probably buy 360 at the end of this gen

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

nope, i already have PS3 and 360. And no Wii games interest me. Wii just doesn't have my type of game. I mostly play FPS.

I guess they've got Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 3 and probably a couple other FPS. But PS360 is way better off in FPS (Halo 3, CoD4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Resident Evil 5, etc)

Around the Network

1:1 lightsaber game + KH 3 for a Wii

I should be getting a PS3 sometime soon for Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, and maybe LittleBigPlanet.

Im swaying back and forth between PS3 and 360 as my next console. We will see what each has in stores, and also if there is anymore price drops.

LBP if it delivers might push it ahead with MGS4. But 360 has Halo and GeoW, so we will see. But if Rare pulls some Nostalgia N64 games out (Jet Force Gemini!!!) then 360 it is.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

I will let you know when the Wii2, X-box 720, and PS4 come out.

I considered buying a 360 for halo but i dont think i ever will