By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What future game release will make you buy another console?

So far, Wii is my only console of this generation, while I have a gamecube, dreamcast and ps2 from the previous gen.

I haven't felt the need to buy either PS3 or 360 yet, but all that will change when Resident Evil 5 is released, as RE 4 is one of my favorite games ever, and I got both the GC and the Wii version. I will probably choose PS3 or 360 based on which console gets the best version of Resident Evil 5.

Any of you awaiting a particularly big game before you get a new console?

Around the Network

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and Blue Dragon and Viva Pinata and Halo Wars and Eternal Sonata and Elder Scrolls Oblivion are going to push me into buying a 360 sometime after another price cut...

I'm Wii only also. I'm not at all interested in an HD console. GTA4 was disappointing for me, so the only game that could change my mind is a KOTOR sequel.

Kindom Hearts 3 would make me buy a Wii , i coudlnt' care for the Wii-Mote but the game alone would be worth the purchase.

Maybe if Final Fantasy XIII is beyond awesome, then I will buy a PS3.

Otherwise, Chrono Trigger 2 and Faxanadu HD will make me buy the console they are on.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

i'm only wii owner but sooner or later(definitely later) i will buy ps3 mostly for multiplatform games, but i don't think there would be any game i would buy a 400$ console for. if ps3 will be at 150-200$ i will buy it but probably it's not gonna happen in the next 2 years.

but i will definitely rebuy a psp. i've had fat used model for a month but it wasn't for me at that time and i think the battery was broken cause after 3 hours of play i had to charge it so i sold it in order to buy a wii(i wanted wii for a really long time, but back then i was spending more time away from home so i thought psp would be parfect for me).

well, since I'm a Wii only owner, no game will make me buy another console at the current prices. However, If the PS3 was $200, I could justify getting it for GT5 and as a Blu-Ray player.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I own a Wii, which I play most of the time and a PS3, which I play seldom.
The only thing that could make me get a XBox 360 would be a new, exclusive Shenmue... though I seriously think it'd be better suited for the Wii or the PS3.

I owned all 3 consoles last gen. I currently own only the Wii. It is the Nintendo "classic" games that make it instantly worth owning.

I also benefit from my job as it has so far netted me - for free - a Wii, 2 PSP and an Xbox. I actually bypassed a free PS3 late last year as I didn't feel it was worth it (I took 2 iPods instead). Another free PS3 will come past me in a few months and I am closer to taking it.

Speaking as if I was using my own money, most good Square Enix games would tempt me over to Sony, although not immediately, rather, when the games were cheaper. Games such as Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XIII would do the trick. Region free is the only significant plus for the PS3 for me (Blu-ray is a non event).

As for the 360, I really doubt they can have an exclusive console seller for me. A 360 that works properly would help. If I did get one however, there is a multitude of good games available cheap that would start a library with a bang - Blue Dragon and Mass Effect for example.

COMING SOON!

^^ Cool job. Free consoles huh? Lucky you.