By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what console has the best exclusives so far?

MGS4 owns everything on any console ever

(fanboyism overload detected)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

360 for me

And i would even argue that 360 games available on PC are still exclusive games.

The PC isn't in the console market and games for windows are part of Microsoft.
They even incorperate your Xbox Live gamertag and you earn achievements.

To me there is no difference between games for the 360, and games for windows.

*edited and deleted, because I don't wish to discuss this topic any further*

trestres said:
Squilliam said:
Xponent said:
If were talking exclusives, the Wii without a doubt. A lot of the better HD games IMO are either multiplatform, or available on PC.

Whats wrong with them being multiplatform? If they're exclusive from one but not others you're considering, then you obviously have to consider them, because theres still that word "exclusive" popping in.

Exclusive means it can only be played with ONE console, and nowhere else. If the game is released in any other platform or handheld or whatever it's not exclusive. Exclusive is something that is only available to play on a platform

Too bad, so that means that you can't count - Fire emblem, or Mario Kart because they come on the DS? Im sure I could pick a few more as well.

Tease.

@Lafiel: Those are not arbitrary rules, that is the defnition of exclusive, too bad you don't like it. I'll lend you some glasses, check my list and see if Zelda is up there. Next time please read properly or ask me for the glasses.

@Squilliam: Then all the exclusives like PGR3/4 or Forza2, DoA4, Halo 3, MGS4, R&C are no longer exclusives since they were also released on the original Xbox or the PS2. Meaning 360 has only 1 exclusive which is Dead Rising, pretty poor line up of exclusive content then.

Edit: As Squilliam edited I will edit now to sound coherent:

Is Mass Effect for PC the same as ME for 360? YES. Is MKWii the same as MK DS? NOP.

If I can play the SAME game on 2 different platforms/consoles is it exclusive? NOP. If I can play two different games from the same franchise on 2 different platforms/consoles exclusively does it mean they are exclusives individually? YES.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Can I play Wii Sports on the PS3 or 360? No. Therefore Wii has the best exclusives.

I can today proudly say the Playstation 3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

trestres said:
@Lafiel: Those are not arbitrary rules, that is the defnition of exclusive, too bad you don't like it. I'll lend you some glasses, check my list and see if Zelda is up there. Next time please read properly or ask me for the glasses.

@Squilliam: Then all the exclusives like PGR3/4 or Forza2, DoA4, Halo 3, MGS4, R&C are no longer exclusives since they were also released on the original Xbox or the PS2. Meaning 360 has only 1 exclusive which is Dead Rising, pretty poor line up of exclusive content then.

See, now that you're further convuluting everything you're proving my point even further. My point being that the term "exclusive" is misleading and instead we should use the term "game availability" to describe the strengths and weaknesses of the Consoles.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Xponent said:
If were talking exclusives, the Wii without a doubt. A lot of the better HD games IMO are either multiplatform, or available on PC.

Whats wrong with them being multiplatform? If they're exclusive from one but not others you're considering, then you obviously have to consider them, because theres still that word "exclusive" popping in.

No, I don't have to consider them, if I don't consider them to be exclusive.

Stop imposing your selective usage of the term 'exclusive' on others.

For many who have rsponded, 'exclusive' refers to games that exist solely on a single platform, that is, it is only possible play that game on the plaform for which it is released, nowhere else. You are obviously using a different criteria of what constitutes an exclusive, which is fine by me, but then we're comparing apples to oranges now.

Indeed, to suggest that a game which is available on multiple platforms is exclusive contracticts the very definition of the term. You use it in a very limited sense - exclusive, only if we narrow our concern to specific platforms, neglecting all others. eg, Bioshock is exclusive to 360 only when compared with Wii, in an alternate reality where no other platforms exist.

@Squilliam: Of course after a cheap edit, I wnt sound convincing, next time when you edit, please post the edit, don't just change the post.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies