By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what console has the best exclusives so far?

trestres said:
Lol, I can play Mass effect, Bioshock and Gears of War on my PC. I will play Halo 3 on my PC this year most probably.

Bioshock is on PS3 too, lulz.

So X360 has 5 85%+ games (3 racers, 1 fighting game, 1 3rd person shooter).
Wii has 6 85%+ games (1 RPG, 1 FPS, 1 Platformer, 1 Fighting game, 1 Point&click adventure, 1 Puzzle game).

Conclusion: Wii has the best and most varied exclusives, confirmed.
 LOL. You cannot compare PC gaming to the console market. GOW on PC hasnt even sold 1/4 of the 360 version. They are console exclusives in other words you cant play them on any other console at the moment. PS3 does not have Bioshock til it's released. Lets not confuse the issue here. 

Around the Network
trestres said:
Lol, I can play Mass effect, Bioshock and Gears of War on my PC. I will play Halo 3 on my PC this year most probably.

Bioshock is on PS3 too, lulz.

So X360 has 5 85%+ games (3 racers, 1 fighting game, 1 3rd person shooter).
Wii has 6 85%+ games (1 RPG, 1 FPS, 1 Platformer, 1 Fighting game, 1 Point&click adventure, 1 Puzzle game).

Conclusion: Wii has the best and most varied exclusives, confirmed.

Since when pc is a console? Omg. And bioshock on ps3, where can I buy that? :) 

How about:

wii: 4 kiddygames, one fighter and one fps? :) Wii has the worst and onesided exclusives, confirmed. ;)

To me that's the PS3 and WII. Though if I could choose by platform I'd most definitely would say "DS".

If I have to choose between the two I'd say the WII, Nintendo games mostly to thank for of course.

-Super Mario Galaxy

-Trauma Center 

-Super Smash Bros

-Metroid Prime 3

-Zelda Twilight Princess

-Fire Emblem

-Zack & Wiki

-Boom Blox

-Tales of Symphonia 2

-Super Paper Mario

-Battalion Wars 2

-Animal Crossing

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

-Mario Kart

Probably missing out a few.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Man exclusives are such a stupid word. Why not say, which Console has the best games available to it? Thats the important part. It doesn't matter where the exclusive lines fall you decide which console to have based on your preferences and the other platforms you own.

80+ games available? - PS3: 53, Xbox360: 95, Wii: 23.Thanks to metacritic.

So as a single platform - in GENERAL terms. The 360 has the most good games. So you're more likely to find a game that you like, and that fits your taste.

90+ games? PS3: 5, Xbox360: 12, Wii: 5. Thanks again.

So as a single platform to find the most great games, the Xbox360 is it.

Its impossible to argue against this fact, you just take this information and use your circumstances and tastes to find what combination of platforms suits you best.

PC, Wii, PS3, 360, PC/Wii, Wii60, PSWii, PC/PS3, PS60, ALL?

The statement the "XX has better games overall than the 360 for 'me'" is always true, because thats your opinion.

The statement the "XX has better games overall than the 360" is always false as an objective statement.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Man exclusives are such a stupid word. Why not say, which Console has the best games available to it? Thats the important part. It doesn't matter where the exclusive lines fall you decide which console to have based on your preferences and the other platforms you own.

So as a single platform - in GENERAL terms. The 360 has the most good games. So you're more likely to find a game that you like, and that fits your taste.

Its impossible to argue against this fact, you just take this information and use your circumstances and tastes to find what combination of platforms suits you best.

The statement the "XX has better games overall than the 360 for 'me'" is always true, because thats your opinion.

The statement the "XX has better games overall than the 360" is always false as an objective statement.

This is even more this than the last this in this thread.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Because that's not the point of this thread. You're going off-topic if you change the subject.

Create a thread yourself if you don't like this one.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

on PS3.
MGS4 >>>>> everything else.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

@ Squilliam )

thx, finally a post I can agree to

that whole "exclusives" discussion developed a strange momentum of it's own drifting further and further away from it's real objective - to distinguish the consoles from each other game wise and to decide which console has the most games available/comming (may they be "exclusive" or not), that fit ones taste

If we're talking exclusives, the Wii without a doubt. A lot of the better HD games IMO are either multiplatform, or available on PC.

trestres said:
Squilliam said:

Because that's not the point of this thread. You're going off-topic if you change the subject.

Create a thread yourself if you don't like this one.

There are always lines of exclusivity. The Wii doesn't get a lot of great HD only games, the PS3 doesn't get any of  the PC/360 games and the Wii certainly doesn't get any of those at all. The term exclusives is misleading because it doesn't factor in these possibilities.

You can argue till you're blue in the face that the PC/PS3 combination is best or whatever... but thats a subjective opinion and doesn't change anything.

You can argue that the Wii has the "bestest exclusives" but how can you ignore the HD exclusives in your comparison? From the perspective of just owning a Wii and comparing it to just owning either a PS3 or a 360, those exclusive games play a big part in the overall picture. To remove them would prevent you from seeing the whole, just the parts you want to see. I think the term is cherry picking and really, it has to stop. Either be explicit and say "The PC/Wii combination" or forget even asking the question altogether.

Tease.