By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what console has the best exclusives so far?

According to Brute's (the thread opener) third post, "exclusive" means only on one "console."

Whilst there is a justifiable argument saying this topic can only be decided individually by taste, the only remotely objective measure we have is Gamerankings/Metacritic.

Those two sites say that its the Xbox 360. By far.

As in more than twice the number of high quality exclusives.

As in there isn't really any need for debate.

But of course, there is a legitimate argument to be made for the notion that not even Metacritic/Gamerankings are sufficiently objective for a comparison.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
According to Brute's (the thread opener) third post, "exclusive" means only on one "console."

Whilst there is a justifiable argument saying this topic can only be decided individually by taste, the only remotely objective measure we have is Gamerankings/Metacritic.

Those two sites say that its the Xbox 360. By far.

As in more than twice the number of high quality exclusives.

As in there isn't really any need for debate.

But of course, there is a legitimate argument to be made for the notion that not even Metacritic/Gamerankings are sufficiently objective for a comparison.

Obviously I think that's an unfair qualifier, but even under those conditions, I'm not sure Gamerankings/Metacritic are the only method for analysis: we could also use sales. I would guess that 360 exclusives have still sold the most, LTD, but I'm also sure the Wii is catching up quite quickly, and will blow past it by the end of the year, at the latest.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

WII. Not for the quality but the diversity of tis library. Too much FPS on PS3/XBOX360. I do like FPS, but I'm not an FPS addict.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Bodhesatva said:

That list gets significantly neutered if you have a PC, Slimebeast.

All 3 are now strong for varying tastes, in my opinion.  

Yes I know, but then the list wouldn't look as impressive.

(if i removed all the PC games)

Bodhesatva said:

Obviously I think that's an unfair qualifier, but even under those conditions, I'm not sure Gamerankings/Metacritic are the only method for analysis: we could also use sales. I would guess that 360 exclusives have still sold the most, LTD, but I'm also sure the Wii is catching up quite quickly, and will blow past it by the end of the year, at the latest.

Sales would be another way to measure best exclusives of course.  But would you look at total sales?  Or number of awesome exclusives with high sales?

The issue being that the Wii has a tonne of shovelware exclusives that add up to a fair few sales. 

Around the Network

Actually, Starcraft, according to DMeisterJ's sig, Wii and 360 are tied in terms of exclusives vis a vis metacritic. 360 has more total 90% games (as your sig shows), but as we know a lot of those games aren't exclusives (even console exclusives)

And yeah, Brute said on one "console" but going by what he was referring to, he counted PC as a console. Which is why he said Squilliam's list contains a lot of games that aren't exclusive.

Anyway, it's kind of a dumb thing to get into, since Brute was obviously talking about personal choice. Why try to make it about anything else? One man's pain is another man's pleasure.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Quite easy, 360 first then Wii then PS3.

360 has the most diverse varied games. I would say Wii, but the only exclusives I really like are SMG, SSMB, MKwii. PS3 games that are good are all available on 360. 2 exclusives that are god on Ps3 are MGS4 and Uncharted the rest are Ok. 360 exclusives that are god to awesome are GOW, Halo 3, LO, Forza 2, PGR4, NG2, ES, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dead Rising. Some people would say 3 of those 360 games are going to PS3 but they are not currently available and havent been for 6- 12 months, so that makes them currently 360 exclusives.

jalsonmi said:
Actually, Starcraft, according to DMeisterJ's sig, Wii and 360 are tied in terms of exclusives vis a vis metacritic. 360 has more total 90% games (as your sig shows), but as we know a lot of those games aren't exclusives (even console exclusives)

And yeah, Brute said on one "console" but going by what he was referring to, he counted PC as a console. Which is why he said Squilliam's list contains a lot of games that aren't exclusive.

At no point in that post did Brute say that the PC counts as a console.

DMeisterJ, being somewhat fond of Sony, hasn't included 360 console exclusives in his signature......... 

Well as everyone wants to include pc then the games over. Pc wins, by such a large margin that its not even funny. Even the ps2 loses out to the pc. Thats the glory of having one platform for a very long time and having a massive indie scene on top of traditional developers. The pc wins in practically every genre be it RPG, FPS, RTS, TBS, casual. The only subgenre that it really loses out in is JRPG's and modern platformers.

i think its the ps3 this gen and the last gen its the ps3