By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what console has the best exclusives so far?

ps3 and the wii's exclusives look pretty good. 360 has some good exclusives also like fable 2, gears of war 2. ps3 has socom,resistance 2 and little big planet. wii has rygar and the conduit.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

@ Shameless

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is basically Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox. I wouldn't count it as an exclusive.

For my interests (ranked by console)

Already out :
1. Wii: SMG, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, SSBB, MKWii, Boom Blox
2. PS3: Uncharted, MGS4
3. 360: none

Not out yet, which is inaccurate since we won't know anything from nintendo until e3, and in a few games were left out since we simply don't know enough.. eg. condult only just slipped in
1. 360: BK3
2. Wii: Condult
3. PS3: LBP

i could add fable 2 to 360 list, but i can hold it out for the pc version

starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
Exclusive means only on one console.

Zelda: Twilight Princess is not exclusive because it can be played on the GameCube and Wii.

MLB The Show is not exclusive because it can be played on the PS3, PSP and PS2.

Gears of War is not exclusive because it can be played on the 360 and PC.
Welcome to the world of EPIC contradictions.

Why the hell is PC not a console? It plays games after all. 

tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:

Zelda: Twilight Princess is not exclusive because it can be played on the GameCube and Wii.

The term "video game console" is used to distinguish a machine designed for consumers to buy and use solely for playing video games from a personal computer, which has many other functions, or arcade machines, which are designed for businesses that buy and then charge others to play.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:

The term "video game console" is used to distinguish a machine designed for consumers to buy and use solely for playing video games from a personal computer, which has many other functions, or arcade machines, which are designed for businesses that buy and then charge others to play.

Well if you're going to be that pedantic then none of the current consoles on the market (360, PS3, Wii) are video game consoles. I can surf the web on my PS3 and Wii, I can play Blu ray and DVD's on my PS3, you can download films from xbox live. None of them are solely for gaming.

tombi123 said:
starcraft said:

Well if you're going to be that pedantic then none of the current consoles on the market (360, PS3, Wii) are video game consoles. I can surf the web on my PS3 and Wii, I can play Blu ray and DVD's on my PS3, you can download films from xbox live. None of them are solely for gaming.

Actually in my country, there is no film downloads avaliable.

Can your PS3 do word processing, video altering, MS paint etc? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Squilliam said:
Man exclusives are such a stupid word. Why not say, which Console has the best games available to it? Thats the important part. It doesn't matter where the exclusive lines fall you decide which console to have based on your preferences and the other platforms you own.

80+ games available? - PS3: 53, Xbox360: 95, Wii: 23.Thanks to metacritic.

So as a single platform - in GENERAL terms. The 360 has the most good games. So you're more likely to find a game that you like, and that fits your taste.

90+ games? PS3: 5, Xbox360: 12, Wii: 5. Thanks again.

So as a single platform to find the most great games, the Xbox360 is it.

Its impossible to argue against this fact, you just take this information and use your circumstances and tastes to find what combination of platforms suits you best.

PC, Wii, PS3, 360, PC/Wii, Wii60, PSWii, PC/PS3, PS60, ALL?

The statement the "XX has better games overall than the 360 for 'me'" is always true, because thats your opinion.

The statement the "XX has better games overall than the 360" is always false as an objective statement.

This is the bes. I concur to all of the above. If you had to pick one console and plz PC isn't a console 360 is the best. THe Wii and PS3 are not even close according the metacritic in terms of quantity. And Bioshock is still a exclusive as it hasn't come out for PS3 and even then probably the second one will be a timed exclusive for 360 again. And plus with more and more exclusives coming to 360(RPG's) I doubt 360 will ever lose in terms of exclusives.

Any platform with the capacity to run a videogame is appropriate for comparison in my book.

starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:

Actually in my country, there is no film downloads avaliable.

Can your PS3 do word processing, video altering, MS paint etc? 

No, but that is irrelevant. All three can be used for things that have nothing to with gaming, so by the definition you gave above, none of them are video game consoles. 

I prefer Dtewi's definition: An interactive electronic device that has the ability to play video games.

PS3, 360, Wii and PC are all video game consoles by that definition.