By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock Release Date for PS3

I've been thinking of replaying BioShock... if it's actually gonna have an upgrade and new features, I'll wait a few months to do it with the PS3 version. Sounds cool.

Around the Network

I'm glad that PS3 owners will finally have a chance to play this game. I'm playing through it now, and, well... let's just say I can't remember the last time a game made me lose track of time.

I can see why you might not have liked it so much if you don't have the proper hardware to play it (it practically requires an HDTV and 5.1 digital surround sound), but thus far, it seriously takes immersion to a whole new level.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Mummelmann said:
I actually thought Bioshock was repetetive, overly simple or overly hard (read; unbalanced as hell) and generally very underwhelming seeing as how the dev's promised a revolution and all I got was a game that never changed after 1/3.
Call of Duty 4 was fun and engaging allbeit a tad on the short side, but a short adrenaline fest beats a long snooze consisting of running back and forth between vending machines and shooting the same enemies throughout the entire game.
The powers were only arbitrary, as in Crysis, I only used them in the segments where the game gave me no choice (melting ice in Bioshock, jumping up a high ledge with no way around in Crysis, if you can't make the powers thing and the overall game work in harmony then don't release it is what I think on the matter...).

Not true. BioShock started sucking considerably harder after the 2/3rds point.

Overall, very good game. I'm glad PS3 owners will be able to enjoy it just for Rapture. Unfortunately, Irrational kinda disappointed with the game when it's compared with their earlier work.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

Not true. BioShock started sucking considerably harder after the 2/3rds point.

Overall, very good game. I'm glad PS3 owners will be able to enjoy it just for Rapture. Unfortunately, Irrational kinda disappointed with the game when it's compared with their earlier work.

It's kind of hard to break new ground when they basically took System Shock 2 and put it under water.

Still, the game was VERY enjoyable; just had many moments of wondering if an original thought went through their heads during the development process for any System Shock fan.

starcraft said:
Now do people understand that new content is coming to ALL platforms?

Updated visuals coming only to PS3.

Oh, you're banned.