By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could the Zenethia trilogy have plot signifficance for DQIX?

So I was screwing around on Gametrailers today and decided to check out the old Dragon Quest IX trailer, which I haven't watched in a year or so.  I was shocked when I realized the entire trailer focuses around a floating castle in the sky...

For those who don't know, the Zenethia trilogy is named for the floating castle Zenethia.  This is Dragon Quest IV, V, and VI, which are all being remade and localized in every territory worldwide before the release of Dragon Quest IX.  This would explain why Square-Enix is so adamant about getting the 3 remakes out before DQIX... Anyone else agree? Disagree? Think I'm crazy?  Share your thoughts.  

Around the Network

Not enough Dragon Quest fans on this site to care I guess. :(

I haven't played any but was planning on starting with the ds remakes. Is there any others I should look at.

I haven´t heard of Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy before I enter in this site.

until I've played 4,5 and6 I really don't know if it's a good thing, sorry. But I would like it when they have some link between each other, and not some meaningless one but really something "deep".

Around the Network
MANUELF said:

Are you serious? Wow

naznatips said:
Not enough Dragon Quest fans on this site to care I guess. :(

I hate to admit it Naz, but the only DQ I've ever played is VIII on the PS2.

Now, that game had its ups and downs, and one of the ups wasn't the story.

However, I am very excited about the Zenethia trilogy coming to DS and I'll sure be picking up DQIX, like I pick up every JRPG that is released.

So I'll have to hold off giddy schoolgirl comments about the games until I play them, but I can tell you that like yourself, I am very excited.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

sc94597 said:
MANUELF said:

Are you serious? Wow

yes, the only RPG I knew before enter here was Pokemon.

I've never played dragon quest before and even i picked that up. I would assume that yes they are interrelated.

The possibilities of DQ IV, V, and VI having any kind of connection to the forthcoming DQ IX seems plausible.

I am really looking forward to the game and its "traditional" gameplay. SE has yet to show us a new trailer and a 2009 release is almost a given. I am currently playing DQ IV DS and I absolutely love it. I have yet to play V and VI but I am sure I will enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed IV and VIII.

Let us wait until TGS where I am almost certain that a new trailer will be shown and a release date for DQ VI will be given.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi