By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your post-launch MGS4 Impressions?

Now that presumably a few million of us have got to try MGS4, what are your impressions on this opus thus far?

Specify what Act you're on and place any spoilers in a black box.

Around the Network

I suggest you also ask this question 3 months from now when people are not still fueled by hype.

I'm in Act 2, right after you first start hearing from Raiden again. I stormed one of the areas where there were snipers up ahead. I assume I am moderately close to a boss fight.

My favorite fight so far has been with the frogs, although I have to say the first playable part of Act 2 where you sneak up the mountain was ridiculously fun, and really showed me how much not only the action but the stealth elements in this series have progressed.

I definitely wish I was playing MGS4 rather than sitting here at work until 5 pm later today, because I am really looking forward to wear things will go. Fucking black boxes are hard to get rid of sometimes!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I am only in act 1 and would like to beat the whole game before giving out how I feel about it

i feel like crying considering I can't get the game yet.

Around the Network

Act one, right now just amazed at the quality of everything, but Im way too early.

Metal Gear Online is fun, not used to a slower passed online shooter, but I can see it being huge.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

After beating the game, I felt it was one of the best games I've played. But, there are flaws, including the ending where a good 15 minutes could have been left out. (Talking about cutscenes) Other than that, The second best MGS game I've played. (MGS1 beats it by a little)

I'm still in Act 1 and the opening monologue had me in tears. Laughing. Which I don't think was Kojima's intent. Kudos to his cinematic opening, though. Very high quality stuff.

The install screen was awesome... Way to keep me entertained during an extremely mundane process, Kojima.

I'm very pleased with the controls. Good riddance to MGS3 and its shit control system.

I'm not far enough into the story yet to really say much about it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I am just going to say something about the install times everyone kept bitching about. They are the coolest install times ever!!!!! Oh, and the hope of getting it on another system then PS3 gets squashed in that install intro. Not By sony, but by konami themselves making it really clear it won't be on any other system.

Another fun thing to do is not press the start button for sometime in the start menu. The movies that will come then are amazing, sometimes absurd and breathtaking.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

I'm still on Act two my self. but it is simply amazing from the opening to the much better controls.

It is one of best PS3 games I have ever played and a most get game/movie for fans like me.