By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mega Man 9 Confirmed! Yeah!

awesome! and I hope it is multi platfrom (including the Wii of course!)

Around the Network

woot.

The fact the original megaman series has been neglected so long is more worry that they're now trying to dredge it back up along side Bionic Commando.

As for new franchises, the new games this generation thus far are have fallen short of last gen's offerings up till this point. Even then, last gen we didn't see them trying to dredge up old and forgotten franchises.

I'm willing to bet this game won't even come to the Wii and if it does they'll probably make it so its the least appealing version. After all, its in Capcom's best interests to make the Wii look like an unviable option for third party support this generation.

Onimusha12 said:
The fact the original megaman series has been neglected so long is more worry that they're now trying to dredge it back up along side Bionic Commando.

As for new franchises, the new games this generation thus far are have fallen short of last gen's offerings up till this point. Even then, last gen we didn't see them trying to dredge up old and forgotten franchises.

I'm willing to bet this game won't even come to the Wii and if it does they'll probably make it so its the least appealing version. After all, its in Capcom's best interests to make the Wii look like an unviable option for third party support this generation.

@bolded So that is capcom's fault?

@red  Examples?

How awesome would it be if they made it a complete Metroid Prime ripoff?

I'd laff.

Around the Network

Let's see, it makes the most sense to put in on the Wii as that platform has the old Megaman back-catalogue on the Virtual Console and PS360 gamers are less likely to buy 2D games. Wii can use some more support from Capcom as Capcom already has announced a lot of titles for PS360.

So, it makes sense the game will be a W...

...Oh wait, it's Capcom... PS360 game confirmed.

expect a 360/PS3 game

Chrizum said:
Let's see, it makes the most sense to put in on the Wii as that platform has the old Megaman back-catalogue on the Virtual Console and PS360 gamers are less likely to buy 2D games. Wii can use some more support from Capcom as Capcom already has announced a lot of titles for PS360.

It made the most sense for Monster Hunter Series to continue on the PlayStation platform, but it didn't.

Don't put it past CAPCOM that it'll come to the Wii... They always make the best decisions for their games.  

And let's not hate on CAPCOM.  We get to get Monster Hunter 3.  A hell of a game.

It's been a long time since I've played a Mega Man game. I hope it would be on the Wii, and be a third person shooter with platforming elements, since you can't have a Mega Man game without platforming!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

DMeisterJ said:
Chrizum said:

It made the most sense for Monster Hunter Series to continue on the PlayStation platform, but it didn't.

Don't put it past CAPCOM that it'll come to the Wii... They always make the best decisions for their games.  

And let's not hate on CAPCOM.  We get to get Monster Hunter 3.  A hell of a game.

The condisention and sarcasm is strong with this one.