By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fable 2 Screens. One sexy looking game.

epinefridis said:
@Gobias
You keep comparing a linear action game with frozen and non interactive and non dynamic environments (that of course look awesome) with a non linear open world RPG which also looks fantastic.
You are an idiot or you have played like, lets say, 4 games this generation.
End of story. Enjoy your Uncharted, let us enjoy Fable.
To all those who say something about Fable's 1 visuals. This game alone looked better than any GC and PS2 game for the last generation. And it was far from being the best looking XBOX game.

@starcraft. You are making the same mistake too. You shouldn't collaborate to such a debate. Can you compare GTAIV graphics to Gears of War ones? No.
I have the same love and anticipation for this game, but i don't drift with any random fanboy's comment and false perception of reality.

Wow, reading comprehension much?

I have disagreed with this comparison the ENTIRE TIME. Way to go.

The only reason I even commented on it is because Slimebeast was crazy enough to draw the comparison by posting pictures.

Also, I like how I'm an idiot and starcraft is just "making a mistake."

Reported.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network

Aww dude, don't report our guys for peanuts. Take it like a man.

Slimebeast said:

Because we are eager to prove, or at least starcraft is, that Fable 2 is the better superior game on all levels, even in a graphics comparison. ^^

Starcraft is not that dumb... come on SC, tell me on every level Fable 2 is better then OoT, or SMG.. I want to see this thread ballon from 3 pages to 9 in 45 minutes.

TheRealMafoo said:
Slimebeast said:

Because we are eager to prove, or at least starcraft is, that Fable 2 is the better superior game on all levels, even in a graphics comparison. ^^

Starcraft is not that dumb... come on SC, tell me on every level Fable 2 is better then OoT, or SMG.. I want to see this thread ballon from 3 pages to 9 in 45 minutes.

lol, yes

Fable 2 best game on HD consoles. It's easier if we confine ourself to HD consoles only, because we don't want all the Nintendo guys to come here and spam us.

Gobias said:

Let's do this the hard way then.

Uncharted:
"Really? Background doesn't look that great, its nice, but Uncharted had better enviroment grahpics. Still would love to have fable 2, if its longer than the first one."

"Uncharted environments look a lot better then this game, so saying it has the best environments to date is a stretch."

"still feel uncharted looks alot better than this"

"graphics on fable will be brilliant although it wont be gt5p uncharted or mgs4 but still it should still look good"

"I really do think that Uncharted looks better, i mean come on look at the ruins picture, no contest at all."

"I watched the video. It looks good, but Uncharted blows it away in the visuals department."

Fable:
"Based on the demo showings, Fable is the best looking game in this gen." (Not really direct but I'll give it to you anyways, since you're gonna lose :P)

"Uncharted is a small game in comparison. Its easy to make a small area really highly detailed." (Again, not direct, but whatever)

Hmmm.. 3:3 you say? For the record, I didn't count you or me.

Also; Overwhelmingly positive?

"I would say that these screenshots suck. But, I won't, because Fable didn't have brilliant graphics, but it's still in my top 3"

"lol r we looking at the same screenshots? it really dosent look that impressive..... the charecter models are almost world of warcraft...."

"Oblivion looked better XD"

"Really? Background doesn't look that great,"

"meh, never liked fable´s visuals and gameplay. Fable 2 hasn´t change my mind so far."

"looks average"

"You've either nevr played Oblivion, are high, or just want to hype up Fable 2 because it's coming out for your system of choice. My money is on the latter."

"The eerie thing about what we've seen so far about fable2 is that the environments are just fantastic while the character designs are bland and uninteresting."

"I was going to say that fabale 2 looked really good untill i seen the high res picks"

Positive? Sure. Overwhelmingly? Hardly

Haha.  Now whos ignoring the argument?  We were discussing peoples opinions of Fable 2 in comparision to Uncharted.  You blatantly manhandled the numbers, to the point that you fundamentally misappropriated them.

To cover this, you point out several quotes, selectively chosen to provide a sample that is not reflective of the tone of the thread, and most of which come from posters that DID NOT EXPRESS AN OPINION REGARDING Uncharted vs Fable 2 graphics.

@ Mafoo.

I find that in terms of colour and detail the graphical interface of Fable 2 is almost identical to that of Uncharted DESPITE the linear nature of the latter title.  The reason Fable 2 looks better is because the world, for lack of a better word, "breathes" whereas Uncharted's is extremely static. 

You commented that Fable 2's greenery is "puffed up" to make it look better, but the reasons why something looks better do not prevent it from looking better.  That I believe is the very same as your argument that Uncharted "looks better" because its a corridor shooter/adventure game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
epinefridis,

Now, everyone could be happy, but thats not good enuff for us. Because we are eager to prove, or at least starcraft is, that Fable 2 is the better superior game on all levels, even in a graphics comparison. ^^

At this point, we have all gone hands-on with Uncharted, but not with Fable 2.  Uncharted is an impressive game.  I would not presume to imply that Fable 2 is better in all aspects, because until we play it and reviews start coming out, we just cannot know this (regardless of the fact I believe Fable 2 will be amazing).

But based purely on the graphical demonstrations avaliable to us, I think that Fable 2 is already superior to Uncharted graphically.  Its possible that the final build could have some fundamental framerate or texture streaming issue that would overturn that belief.  But as of now, Fable 2 appears to come out on top in that department, the only department we can comment on at this point. 

Gobias said:

Wow, reading comprehension much?

I have disagreed with this comparison the ENTIRE TIME. Way to go.

The only reason I even commented on it is because Slimebeast was crazy enough to draw the comparison by posting pictures.

Also, I like how I'm an idiot and starcraft is just "making a mistake."

Reported.

The irony of you reporting something that tame after coming into the Microsoft forums to troll and abuse people repeatedely is almost overwhelming.

starcraft said:

Haha. Now whos ignoring the argument? We were discussing peoples opinions of Fable 2 in comparision to Uncharted. You blatantly manhandled the numbers, to the point that you fundamentally misappropriated them.

To cover this, you point out several quotes, selectively chosen to provide a sample that is not reflective of the tone of the thread, and most of which come from posters that DID NOT EXPRESS AN OPINION REGARDING Uncharted vs Fable 2 graphics.

This is a thread about Fable 2.

Whenever someone says "Uncharted looks better",

I'm 99.9% sure it's in reference to Uncharted vs. Fable 2.

My count is 6:2 (and those 2 don't even really count, but I'll let it slide) in favor of Uncharted, beat around the bush all you want, you were wrong. Unless of course I missed 5 people who favored Fable somehow. :P

Oh and in case you're confused, the last section is for people who are less than positive about this game and they have nothing to do with the Uncharted vs. Fable 2 comparison. I only pointed them out because you decided to go all PR and say that the response was "overwhelmingly" positive, which it clearly was not.

Off to bed now.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Gobias said:

This is a thread about Fable 2.

Whenever someone says "Uncharted looks better",

I'm 99.9% sure it's in reference to Uncharted vs. Fable 2.

My count is 6:2 (and those 2 don't even really count, but I'll let it slide) in favor of Uncharted, beat around the bush all you want, you were wrong. Unless of course I missed 5 people who favored Fable somehow. :P

Oh and in case you're confused, the last section is for people who are less than positive about this game and they have nothing to do with the Uncharted vs. Fable 2 comparison. I only pointed them out because you decided to go all PR and say that the response was "overwhelmingly" positive, which it clearly was not.

If you insist.

Name the 6 people that directly said they think Uncharted looks better than Fable 2.

Not what you're "sure" about, as we've already seen what you're sure about and actual reality are often somewhat seperate entities.  So please only list people that have literally expressed an opinion in favour of your argument. 

starcraft said:
Slimebeast said:
epinefridis,

Now, everyone could be happy, but thats not good enuff for us. Because we are eager to prove, or at least starcraft is, that Fable 2 is the better superior game on all levels, even in a graphics comparison. ^^

At this point, we have all gone hands-on with Uncharted, but not with Fable 2.  Uncharted is an impressive game.  I would not presume to imply that Fable 2 is better in all aspects, because until we play it and reviews start coming out, we just cannot know this (regardless of the fact I believe Fable 2 will be amazing).

But based purely on the graphical demonstrations avaliable to us, I think that Fable 2 is already superior to Uncharted graphically.  Its possible that the final build could have some fundamental framerate or texture streaming issue that would overturn that belief.  But as of now, Fable 2 appears to come out on top in that department, the only department we can comment on at this point. 

You are of course right, we need to be formal and correct so far.

But what we are allowed to do is to speculate, project and predict.

h

Y

P

e