By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do not mess with the turkey.

Or else!

Girl injured as turkey flies into school bus

The Canadian Press

NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, ONT. — A girl was injured Thursday when a wild turkey flew into the side of a school bus full of Toronto students on their way to a performance at the Shaw Festival.

The girl was taken to hospital as a precaution after she was hit with shattered glass as the bird came through the window.

The incident occurred as the Grade 7 and 8 students from St. Mark's elementary school were travelling along Niagara Stone Road in Niagara-on-the-Lake on Thursday morning.

A teacher says the bird flew out of a wooded area and crashed into a window in the middle of the bus.

Teacher Rey Sandre says they heard “a smash or a bang” and found a turkey had flown through the window.

The driver pulled the bus to the side of the road, opened the door, and the bird got off the bus.

“The turkey just walked away,” Mr. Sandre said. “Everybody was in a state of shock.”

Wild turkeys look similar to farm turkeys but are smaller.

Wild turkeys are capable of flying and can cover more than a kilometre at a time while airborne.

Around the Network

hahahahahaha in addition to deer crossing signs there should be wild turkey flying signs.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

I thought this was going to about the songfestival Turkey who asked the Irish to vote against an EU treaty. Shame, still nothing intelligible within the off-topic section...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I rarely see turkeys around my area, so I don't have to worry

mmmm turkey... *drools*

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989